• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Atmosphere Redundant?

Share/Bookmark

Is Atmosphere Redundant?

I've just installed Omnisphere and the updates include the Atmosphere sounds - does this now mean that my Atmosphere is redundant?

Re: Is Atmosphere Redundant?

In one respect, I suppose it is. But I'm keeping Atmosphere installed. When I need those sounds, Atmosphere is a lot more CPU friendly than Omnisphere.

I would agree with Fred. For now, I have left Atmosphere in place, BUT also wonder how much I will absolutely have to use it instead of Omnisphere in the future. And within Omnisphere one can do so much more with the Atmosphere patches. So I guess it boils down to your use of either program, your system, and your needs, and each of us is different. I will simply wait a few months and see how things go, and then if I haven't needed Atmosphere will probably remove it. I will also always use Omnisphere rather that Atmosphere when possible. So for some, Atmosphere may no longer be needed; for others....perhaps....possibly. How's that for a definitive answer?
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

There is some difference, but I wouldn't call it a "lot". Many of the atmosphere patches in Omnisphere have effects added, which might be contributing to your perception that there is a large difference.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Story View Post
    In one respect, I suppose it is. But I'm keeping Atmosphere installed. When I need those sounds, Atmosphere is a lot more CPU friendly than Omnisphere.

It's a good idea to keep Atmosphere if you need it for previous song compatibility.

Omnisphere seems a great product. I'll definately be saving for it...

Oh, you'll also want to keep it as a collector's item...

Go Back to forum