• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Demo of Maartens Timpani and Trumpets

Share/Bookmark

Demo of Maartens Timpani and Trumpets

Here\'s a quick (and cheesy) demo that I did for my friend Maarten with his lovely timpani and trumpets sounds. I think the sound of these instruments beats Advanced Orchestra and Miroslav by faaaar.
    The trumpets still can\'t handle double tonguing but hey, it\'s free!!
    http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_SAMdemo2.mp3

Everybody who hasn\'t downloaded these .gigs, please go to www.maartenspruijt.com and get them.

Thomas

Re: Demo of Maartens Timpani and Trumpets

Btw: http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Victory.mp3 is the same piece, featuring real trumpets double tonguing in the beginning. Are there any libraries out there that can do this kind of double tonguing (or fast repetitive attacks without getting a machine gun effect? Can DD solo brass do this?)

(I just updated this file. It has less reverb and better trumpets now.)

Thomas

[This message has been edited by Thomas_J (edited 02-08-2002).]

Hey Thomas,

As usual, great stuff! Including lots of reverb (room?) and a special Thomas_J stereo image (hehe).
    About the last, do you do this for a specific reason?

Keep posting! (I like to expand my personal T_J collection)

Cheers,
    Peter

Hehe, thank Maarten. He\'s the one with the cool samples About the Stereo Image; I just go with what I think sounds good. This is my trademark sound

Check out the new http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Victory.mp3 for a better rendering of the musical idea.

Thomas

Ok, I\'m not trying to get anything started again BUT is anyone else confused here?

Everything expect the trumpets and timpani is exactly the same in the \"real\" piece and the sequenced piece which means that the first one just has Marteen\'s trumpets and timpani layered over a real orchestra track.

Isn\'t this what I was saying Thomas has been doing all along and everyone jumped on me about?????

Also, since this is a real track (with a couple of midi instruments over it) who really wrote it and what is it from?

Donnie

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 02-08-2002).]

Sorry to confuse you Donnie. It\'s not a real orchestra. I just sequenced it in cakewalk a couple of hours ago. Please don\'t start this again! The trumpet double tonguing example in \"victory\" is just a short doubletonguing sample, timestretched, panned and pitched to fit.

I wrote the music. It\'s from my mind.

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:

Isn\'t this what I was saying Thomas has been doing all along and everyone jumped on me about?????

Also, since this is a real track (with a couple of midi instruments over it) who really wrote it and what is it from?

Donnie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s from Heodelbrueger\'s 19th Symphony. Heodelbrueger was criticized throughout his life for composing vibrant works, but refused, almost religiously, to include trumpet or timpani parts. When asked about this strange idiosyncrasy, he replied always with the same instcrutable phrase: \"Timpanists get my gonads, and I don\'t like trumpeteers one bit.\"

Earlier in his career he had covered up his aversion to these instruments by claiming always that the timpani parts fell in a puddle on the way to the concert hall. But music theorist and raconteur Donald E. King was quick to tumble to Heodelbrueger\'s ruse.

To this day the music of Heodelbrueger is little known, although there was a revival of sorts by a group of Norwegian samplists (later charged with trumpet burgling in the first degree) who saught to bring Heodelbrueger the praise he richly deserved.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:

... which means that the first one just has Marteen\'s trumpets and timpani layered over a \"\"\"real\"\"\" orchestra track.

Also, since this is a \"\"\"real\"\"\" track (with a couple of midi instruments over it) \"\"\"who really wrote it\"\"\" and what is it from?

Donnie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Thomas! How\'s that for a compliment? The talent police are on their way and you\'re going to be charged with possession of too many cool chops (with intent to entertain).

You\'ll go down for this; but it\'s a fair cop guv.

Cool examples. great free samples. entertaining thread all round!

What snares are you using, string fast runs? flute runs?

I think you should solo JUST the double tongue sample (all .05 seconds of it) and then we can all guess for ourselves where it came from!

Hehe Z6. Thank you for your comments

Lets not get carried off topic again. This is about Maarten and his wonderful gesture of making these cool samples available to the public for free!

Robert: AO piccolo runs, prosonus strings and costum snares.

Thomas

Go Back to forum