• Register
  • Help

Topic: what's the name meaning EWQLSymphony Orch

Share/Bookmark

what's the name meaning EWQLSymphony Orch

Hi, I have to load EWQL SO instrument patches in Kontakt 3. But I don't know the patches's name abbreviation meaning?
    Is there some manual?
    For example,
    18V Sus Vib hRD up dn, I know sus=sustain, vib=vibration, up and down bow, but what is the hRD mean?
    Also, some has DXF, some has XFD, I'm confused with them. I try to load them to heard what's the different. But there was just slight difference.

And I don't know how to reduce the reverb in kontakt 3, Some of the patces have huge reverb.

Re: what's the name meaning EWQLSymphony Orch

---EWQLSO Silver, Gold, or Platinum??
    ----There are manuals and info files in Documentation on the install DVDs for EWQLSO. Did you find them?
    ---For tech support, EW asks that you contact them directly and file a support ticket. Please note too that the earlier versions of EWQLSO have now been replaced by a new "Play" version and Kompakt or Kontakt is no longer required.
    ---IF samples are recorded with reverb, then you can't remove that reverb.
    ---EWQLSO (non Play version) was designed for Kompakt. When attempting to use the samples in Kontakt 3 and wishing to adjust the amount of reverb added by that program, please first consult your K3 manual, which provides you with info on working with effects such as reverb in K3. In the effects section you can adjust the amount of reverb added. HTH...........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by marchseventh View Post
    Hi, I have to load EWQL SO instrument patches in Kontakt 3. But I don't know the patches's name abbreviation meaning?
    Is there some manual?
    For example,
    18V Sus Vib hRD up dn, I know sus=sustain, vib=vibration, up and down bow, but what is the hRD mean?
    Also, some has DXF, some has XFD, I'm confused with them. I try to load them to heard what's the different. But there was just slight difference.

And I don't know how to reduce the reverb in kontakt 3, Some of the patces have huge reverb.

I do hope for your sake that you have indeed purchased a license to use these libraries in your work. Any owner of the library would know where in the manual to find the info you are asking about.

Otherwise, posting on a public forum, what amounts to an insinuation that you do not own the library is pretty stupid. East West, the company who put out the library, does monitor forums like these for individuals such as your self. IP addresses are logged in forums like this and it is not really that hard to find out through one's ISP what IPs were assigned to what people at any given time.

If you do own the library...a simple read of the manual will give you some answers and/or call tech support with your questions.

If you do not own the library, shame, shame...and don't be surprised if your identity is discovered through your post here and there are consequences for pirating the library.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston View Post
    Any owner of the library would know where in the manual to find the info you are asking about.
    Well, not really. I bought the Complete Composers Collection bundle (which included Symphonic Orchestra Gold Pro XP) from Sweetwater a while ago. It didn't come with a manual (paper or electronic) that explained the articulation abbreviations. In fact, the only manual it did come with was the Intakt Instrument manual.

"Well, not really."
    Yes, well....really! Suggest you might want to have another look. I too own CCC. In fact here's a direct quote for you from the readme file "We have also included the manual for the PLATINUM EDITION in your package, which contains descriptions of the GOLD EDITION programs (listed in the attached pdf document). You will be able to read about the revolutionary PLATINUM EDITION multiple mic concept - and of course, we hope one day you will upgrade to the PLATINUM EDITION!" There's more, but that should be enough of a clue for all registered owners. Cheerio............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    "Well, not really."
    Yes, well....really! Suggest you might want to have another look. I too own CCC. In fact here's a direct quote for you from the readme file "We have also included the manual for the PLATINUM EDITION in your package, which contains descriptions of the GOLD EDITION programs (listed in the attached pdf document). You will be able to read about the revolutionary PLATINUM EDITION multiple mic concept - and of course, we hope one day you will upgrade to the PLATINUM EDITION!" There's more, but that should be enough of a clue for all registered owners. Cheerio............playz
    hmm...I didn't get any manual other than the Intakt Instrument manual in my package. I remember because I looked all over the discs for a manual, frustrated at the lack of a paper one. I remember reading that part you quoted in the readme and thinking "WHAT MANUAL?!"

Re. "hmm...I didn't get any manual"
    ---I hate to give anymore away here....but also that comment is not because of your posts Anyway, don't think 'paper manual', think .pdf. Don't think 'before install', think 'after'. And if that still doesn't provide enough clues.......ever think of looking on your hard drive in the appropriate East West\EWQLSO or RA or Bosendorfer 290 or.etc.\readme\etc. folder? I will also suggest that if any registered owner can't find the manuals for each program in CCC or feels that they are missing something, it's a simple matter to contact EW Support and they will provide additional assistance and the complete path(s). Trust me, you got manuals for all the programs in CCC and they're there......after installation. .......playz

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Re. "hmm...I didn't get any manual"
    ---I hate to give anymore away here....but also that comment is not because of your posts Anyway, don't think 'paper manual', think .pdf. Don't think 'before install', think 'after'. And if that still doesn't provide enough clues.......ever think of looking on your hard drive in the appropriate East West\EWQLSO or RA or Bosendorfer 290 or.etc.\readme\etc. folder? I will also suggest that if any registered owner can't find the manuals for each program in CCC or feels that they are missing something, it's a simple matter to contact EW Support and they will provide additional assistance and the complete path(s). Trust me, you got manuals for all the programs in CCC and they're there......after installation. .......playz
    Yeah I looked. I have pdf manuals for everything in the bundle (in their respective directories, like you said), except for Symphonic Orchestra. Maybe I screwed something up during installation? Oh well, I don't really need the manual anymore anyway as I'm now familiar with the instrument...I was just pointing out that I am a registered/licensed user of EWQLSO without having a manual.

Oops, sorry for that. I just checked my disks, and get help-files now.

In fact, roman is not my mother language. I just have some words can not be searched by my dictionary.

Such as: MartelZ the "Z" with a wave line above... What is that? I guess that's not English right?

Thank you for all your advices.

Go Back to forum