• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Whats the chance on Omni getting some brass or user samples?

Share/Bookmark

Whats the chance on Omni getting some brass or user samples?

Hi,
    Whats the chance on Omni getting some brass instruments or user samples? Love omni,but no brassHas Spectrasonics ever sampled brass instruments in any previous libraries before?
    If not,would it be possible to allow the user to bring in their own brass from wav or aiff samples?
    I'm very interested in Alchemy for this very reason,and will be purchasing that since it will allow that,hopefully Omni can too soon.. I'd love to be able to work within one app and not have to constantly load other apps for simple things like needing to add a few samples while creating sounds, anyways even a simple import would be nice like Absynth can do ,hope you understand..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Re: Whats the chance on Omni getting some brass or user samples?

I think you may be confusing Omni with a sample player. It's an instrument that uses some samples for the basis of it's sound but is not a sample player like Mach V or Kontakt - that said it has some excellent brass sounds.

I'm not sure what Eric has up his sleeve but I think the next product is a Trilogy replacement.

Our focus is definitely on unique sounds, so Brass is not super high on the list of what we have in the works.

Yes, we did a lot of Brass stuff in the past (all the Roland libraries and hardware instruments)

User sample importing is obviously a very desirable feature, and we're keeping the door open to that as a future possibility. For now, it's important to us that Omnisphere establishes it's reputation first and foremost as a very powerful synthesizer.

Got ya.. Thanks for replying to this one.I use brass quite a bit when I design sounds, and love to layer them in my Combi's or Multi's eg: Hs2,M1,here's hoping they eventually come around in omni.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Importing user samples into Omnisphere would just be a godsend for vocal fx etc.

You have to Eric, you must!

I have to start by saying that the factory library is very impressive, but I have to agree with Bobby on this one. I also use brass alot in my production. Omnisphere has such a broad spectrum of sounds it was surprising to see there are really no true brass (not synth) patches or sound sources included, especially since the library is large and covers so much ground. I can understand the point of unique sounds, but why not create unique brass sounds? Or at the very least I would hope it would be considered as an expansion to Omnisphere in the future. If your focus is in other areas, is it possible that third party developers will be able to add expansions into the mix at some point. I truly hope so because most genres of music use brass instruments to some extent and the addition of some brass patches or sound sources can only make and arleady great product that much more appealing. Which means $$$ for Spectrasonics.

There are many types of traditional sounds that Omnisphere does not cover. The focus will always be on providing unique sounds.

And there's a lot in the works for the future of course. ;-)

I use a Fender Strat and it doesn't make drum sounds - what a rip off!

As Eric says Omni is what it is, a power synth, not a sample player.

I suppose the only way to avoid any possible disappointment for potential buyers is for Spectrasonic to publish a patch list on their site (a long one at that!)?

Quote Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
    I suppose the only way to avoid any possible disappointment for potential buyers is for Spectrasonic to publish a patch list on their site (a long one at that!)?
    Here's where we are at at the moment:

http://temp-stuff.spectrasonics.net/...st%201.0.2.rtf

With quite a bit more to come.... :-)

Cool list, might see if I can make a little webpage with some search functions for this list...

BTW the Choir - oh, ah, ees are genius patches!!!

Go Back to forum