• Register
  • Help

Topic: The King and Queen of Paradise

Share/Bookmark

The King and Queen of Paradise

A remix of a song I posted here about two years ago. Sorry for the sugar sweet content but the song is part of a story line. Any thoughts on the song, mix, etc welcome.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=419 702818

Uses Stradivari violin.

Re: The King and Queen of Paradise

I like this!
    I also think I heard the older version when you put it on the forum 2 years ago. This has grown substantially in its presentation. Balance and mixing sound nice. The only part I would like to hear brought out more is the stradivari. It seemed to far back in the mix. You are not singing at that point, so it is the lead. I would think that you would put it as far forward as your vocal line. This is my personal opinion only and I don't mead to detract from what you have presented. I really like what I heard!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Sunny:

Nice song and the mix sounds well balanced.

Besides the Stradivari, what other GPO/JABB instruments
    did you employ in your score?

Good job, Sunny

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Sunny-

Nice song! The mix seemed just fine to my modest ears. Maybe the Stradivari could be brought out a bit? Yes? No?

Curious. . . Besides the live vocals, are other instruments live as well? Which were live and which were "computer-based"? Just curious.

Thank you for sharing a great song!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Sunny-

Nice song! The mix seemed just fine to my modest ears. Maybe the Stradivari could be brought out a bit? Yes? No?

Curious. . . Besides the live vocals, are other instruments live as well? Which were live and which were "computer-based"? Just curious.

Thank you for sharing a great song!

Ted
    Computer based were the synth pads, bass in the intro, chimes, bell, drums and piano. All else was live.

One more crack at this one with more bass and further tweaks. Let me know what you think. @
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=419702818
    or
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=405294

It sounds like a good mix.

The rest of my comments are if you have commercial ambitions. If not then it's fine as is.

As far as the song itself I think it's a little on the light side both instrumentally and lyrically.

I would rock it out a little more with heavier drums and some rock guitar chords and probably a guitar solo or something to this effect.

Lyrically it's nice and positive and I like the title(hook) but you need to toughen up the lyrics and it could use some imagery. It needs more of a story line if you want people to be interested in it. Maybe some not so good times but you managed to over come those problems and still have your paradise.

Phil

OK sorry- the song that never goes away. Have rolled off some bass to sweeten the thing up. Let me know if this is OK and I promise to move on to the next project.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=419 702818

or

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=405294

This is part of a story made up of 13 songs. There is much woe that follows. This song is just a pretty contrast to the dark and dire events later in the story. It is a story called "In the name of Paradise" (title song can be found at above link). It is a tale of a refugee family that arrives in Toronto looking for refuge from genocide and civil war. They come looking for Paradise. The story is about what they actually find and what they discover about the real meaning of paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    It sounds like a good mix.

The rest of my comments are if you have commercial ambitions. If not then it's fine as is.

As far as the song itself I think it's a little on the light side both instrumentally and lyrically.

I would rock it out a little more with heavier drums and some rock guitar chords and probably a guitar solo or something to this effect.

Lyrically it's nice and positive and I like the title(hook) but you need to toughen up the lyrics and it could use some imagery. It needs more of a story line if you want people to be interested in it. Maybe some not so good times but you managed to over come those problems and still have your paradise.

Phil

Go Back to forum