• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: So why are there not many patches W/Aftertouch

Share/Bookmark

So why are there not many patches W/Aftertouch

Hi..One more ??..Why are there hardly any pATCHES (oops cap lok) That use aftertouch as a modulation..Is most of the progranning done with controllers that don't offer this >>??? I'm at a loss here..The power offered is way offset without this simple of mods being a part of almost every patch..Why so..?? JON

Re: So why are there not many patches W/Aftertouch

For now this is the case because there are so few controllers that have usable aftertouch.

However, we are planning a future update to the patches which will add aftertouch routing for all the factory patches. It takes a while to do this for thousands of patches and to create meaningful routings.

spectrum

I've found this to be the case with many synths... aftertouch is like a forgotten parameter.

My measly Remote25 sends it all the time with my ham-handed playing - so setting up aftertouch as a mod is one of the first things I do when tweaking a preset.

That is tough for the 1000+presets though, but worth it (depending on your style and pov)
    Cheers!

Poly AT would add an incredible expressiveness to Omnisphere. The Arturia CS80's potential is only fully realised on a keyboard which issues Poly AT. Unfortunately, there seem to be no serious hardware being manufactured which offer this 'King of Controllers' but they are still to be found - from Roland, Ensoniq, Elka, Kurzweil.
    Poly AT would be an incredible vehicle for those great Omnisphere filters !

There aren't any good Roland keyboards with Poly Aftertouch. I've got the A-50/A-80s and even have had them modified to make the aftertouch better, and they are still really poor.

(especially compared to my real CS-80)

Ensoniq has been gone a long time!

Elka? Which one?

And which Kurzweil's have poly aftertouch?

My beloved Kurzweil MIDIBOARD has PA but i never use it with it and of course it has been out of production for like 20 years or so.

Regular CA seems to do the job for me most of the time but then again i am really just a guitarplayer and the thought of applying aftertouch for every finger seperately is beyond my ability to control things.

Hans

I have to say I agree with Eric on this one.

My Triton Studio sends Aftertouch at the mere thought of pressing a key, so I filter it out when recording into Logic. If I want to use it I'll setup a mod and draw it in but there are much more 'controllable' controllers to use for the same purposes - when composing at least!

Actually i do like using aftertouch for synthpatches. its totally cool to control filtercutoff with aftertouch and resonance with the modwheel.
    Its a great way to make a lead scream.
    Or try controlling Hardsync with aftertouch-you can really lean into the sustaining note and get it to squeal!
    I like that!

Looking forward to that update of the patches!

Hans

Hi..Hans,that is funny..Use your left hand..It has lots of controls that only a guitar player knows about..But it is hard as heck to do..Rite hand= the Beast....Left hand=the Beauty..LOL....JON

Elka? Which one?
    Eric, MK88 and 55.

Regular CA seems to do the job for me most of the time
    But a different - very different job.
    There is simply no comparison in the effect created by global AT and a per note AT which allows expressiveness to be injected with a scalpel - not a sledgehammer.
    Last edited by AdrianL; 10-30-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling. :-)

Go Back to forum