• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Simon Ravn

Share/Bookmark

Question for Simon Ravn

Hi Simon. Could you tell me what snares and other perc. you used on you BOB brass demo. Is that UOP or LOP?

Thanks

C

Re: Question for Simon Ravn

Simon,

What\'s the secret to on your snares?

The snares are from UOP and timpanis from Ultimate Timpani. I finally found a way (I think) to make the snares sound pretty good, full, and back in the hall. Could do with even more verb though. Oh yeah and I gotta fix those BOB trumpets - add some reverb - it\'s not fair to present them as playing solo closer to the \'audience\' than the rest of the orchestra - happened because of mixing late at night due to some time pressure (hey Per! ) hehe. 1 or 2 other BOB demo should be finished \'soon\'!

If it\'s a secret I can\'t tell you, can I? Anyway... I use two different snares from UOP, each panned full left/right. Then I run it through two reverbs, my MPX1 for the larger hall sound and a TC M-One \'large room\' verb.

Simon, it looks as if I asked this same question in another thread!!

Are we talking about the snares on the 4th demo for Worra\'s brass?

If so, I DID ask this same question: great sound, beautiful snares, I love that distant sound!!

Funny how a very background sound when its done exactly RIGHT, can come straight to the foreground of my attention.

Robert, yep the snares from the BOB demo. I didnt see you asked me anywhere else, sorry bout that.

Simon,

Thanks for the info. I thought I heard 2 snares. Can you still get the \'back of the hall\' sound with just one snare?

Haydn, probably, but not as good. Using two different snares really enhances the stereo-image.

Go Back to forum