From what I could see, it looks like they're using MIDI to trigger live visuals. I went to their website (www.swiymusic.com) but found only a small amount of information on them, but apparently they are streaming a live online concert on halloween. Has any one every heard of a Live PA called Someone Who Isn't You?
Can anyone breakdown for me what their doing? Shi t looks complicated, yet badass.
Re: Someone Who Isn't You (SWiY) has one of the sickest MIDI rigs, MASSIVE!
What are they doing? Pretty much nothing. I watched the video and just laughed. I went to the site and listened. I'm bored. Musically speaking, there is no comparison between them and what even "amateurs" turn out with GPO.
Here's the gear list from their forum:
• Multiple audio effect processors including guitar FX pedal
• Multiple different MIDI controllers
• Multiple mixers
• 2 x 8 port MIDI patch bays
• 3 ½ x Pearl drum racks and tons of accessories
• Custom Plexiglas trays for all of the equipment With LED Lights
• Monster Cables for all audio
• Tons of MIDI cables
• 3 x Kitchen Sinks
• 2 x CD turntables
• 2 x SL25
• 2 x SLZero
• 2 x super synthesizers (Nord Lead Rack, Virus TI Desktop)
• 2 x synth/vocoders
• 2 x MIDI foot controllers
• Expression and sustain pedals
• 2 x 88 key weighted keyboards
• 2 x pc laptops
• 2 x mac laptops
• 2 x Dual Quad Core MacPro
• + much much more......
They probably have more controllers than most of the people here but my guess is that If we included softsynths they'd be lightweights. The graphics people are the only ones bringing anything to the party.