• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sony Introduces Acid Pro 7 with Garritan Sounds and ARIA Player

Share/Bookmark

Sony Introduces Acid Pro 7 with Garritan Sounds and ARIA Player

Sony Creative Software has announced their ACID Pro 7, the next version of the acclaimed digital audio workstation software.

ACID Pro 7 software includes the Garritan Aria for ACID Pro player and custom sample library developed in conjunction with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. The sound library sounds have been carefully selected by SONY and the ARIA player has been specially customized for use in ACID Pro 7.

ACID Pro 7 software offers powerful and intuitive DAW functionality for today's media professional including multitrack recording, 5.1 surround sound mixing, robust MIDI sequencing and best-in-class loop-based music production. ACID Pro 7 software enables a faster and more flexible creative environment by providing precise control over the music creation process through enhancements such as a new mixing environment, MIDI track freeze, tempo curves, improved Beatmapping, and additional import/export options.

We are very excited to work with SONY, a leading innovator in music technology, and there was so much we gleaned from working with them. SONY has an incredibly talented team. We expect a lot of great music coming from a whole new group of users.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Re: Sony Introduces Acid Pro 7 with Garritan Sounds and ARIA Player

Congratulations Gary. Your libraries seem to be popping up everywhere. Looking forward to seeing some new members in the forums.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Gary -

Congratulations on teaming with Sony with this project. Although I don't have Acid Pro, I own a number of versions (upgrades) of Sony's Vegas programs. The Vegas program is an EXCELLENT multi-track video/audio editing program. Again, in my eyes, Vegas is Excellent! The editing process is super intuitive and the results are nothing less than professional (especially, of course, when used by the hands of professionals). As far as I can tell, many independent event videographers are happily making a living using Vegas program. (By the way, I've actually owned the Vegas program and its predecessor when owned by Sonic Foundry.)

This venture between you and Sony for Acid Pro may make me think hard about investing in this program. I may be wrong, but isn't Acid Pro currently only available for the PC platform? My problem is that I've started to invest heavily into the Apple computers (I own a MacPro and a MacBook Pro) and associated programs. Will the newer version of Acid Pro be available for both the Apple and PC platforms?

Again, congratulations, Mr. Gary!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

So... GPO is ready for ARIA now? when it will be available for GPO users? How much it will cost?...

ah, i forget, Congratulations about the Acid&Aria deal!!
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    So... GPO is ready for ARIA now? when it will be available for GPO users? How much it will cost?...

ah, i forget, Congratulations about the Acid&Aria deal!!
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Additionally, will the Aria upgrade require upgrading my computer?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Will the newer version of Acid Pro be available for both the Apple and PC platforms?

Again, congratulations, Mr. Gary!

Ted
    Thanks Ted,

I believe Acid Pro 7 is only for PC and no Mac versions are contemplated.

Producing ARIA for SONY ACID Pro 7 really helped us a great deal. The SONY engineering team put ARIA through its paces and helped us refine things. This will result in a better GPO ARIA soon.

All my best,

Gary

This is great news, Gary. I have used Acid in the past. It's style of work flow is not my favorite but it works great for many people (including my son). I can't wait to hear some of the results from new members (or already members) using Acid Pro and Aria.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I am a long-time acid user (that doesn't sound right does it?) and I'm really excited about the inclusion of aria. Good job!

Thumbs up Re: Sony Introduces Acid Pro 7 with Garritan Sounds and ARIA Player

Sony? That's no baloney! I've used Sony Acid Pro 4, upgraded to 5. It is a good program for many applications and now that I can upgrade for a fraction of the cost, I am glad I have owned earlier versions. I have worked with Acid Pro 6 using multi track recording and it works flawlessly. Having Garritan products with Acid pro will only make Sony sweeter!

Congratulations Gary !
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ...this will result in a better GPO ARIA soon.

Gary
    GPO ARIA!

He said GPO ARIA!!!

Could it be GPO-A ARIA???

Hopefully!!!

NDEE

Go Back to forum