• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help!

Share/Bookmark

Need help!

Hi everyone, I need some help with something fairly urgent.

My uncle phoned this morning to say his father-in-law had passed away in the 2 nights ago from an asthma attack.

He also asked if I could do a recording of the accompaniment to Panis Angelicus, as he is to sing it at the funeral next week, and there is no suitable instrument (piano or organ) where the funeral is to be held.

Now my problem is two-fold, and I could really do with some help.

1. I dont have a copy of Panis Angelicus anywhere. Ive searched IMSLP, and its unavailabe cos its creative commons liscensing has not been confirmed. (or something like that). Does anyone have a copy they can scan and send me? or tell where i can find it online? I dont have time to order it and wait for it to come on monday morning, and the local music shop hasnt got it and wont get it in intime...

2. I dont have a decent piano to record it on! I will have to use virtual instruments, so my question is (which Ive asked before ) wheres the basic steinway?

If anyone can help out with either of these I would be immensly grateful. Thankyou very much

Ben

Re: Need help!

Hello Ben,

You can download free a pdf document of the score (SATB+Organ) from the following:

http://www.free-scores.com/download-...c.php?pdf=3144

Regarding the accompaniment, I'm sure the GPO Steinway or the GPO organ would do a good job for this purpose.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I found a copy of it to download here:

http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/sco...Angelicus.html

Hope this is what you're looking for. Take care.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Ben, it is here.

It is a midi file for synth voices, but after loading this into some sequencer you can make it a piano file (or importing it into Finale, Overture, or else).
    I just tried it with Overture and it worked.

Raymond

Thanks guys

your help is much appreciated. My uncle has confirmed that he would like it on Organ so now im going to try and knock it up in the next 30min or so...

Only problem I can see is how much reverb to apply. Apparently the church is small, but i have no idea what its reverberation is like, or what kind of a amplification system its going to be played through...

oh well, I can only do my best. and then remix it...

Thanks again chaps

may I make a suggestion?
    do not use an organ sound, use a piano, if it is not a big church, the organ (canned music) will be nowhere near as effective as a canned piano track for him to sing with, just my opinion.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    may I make a suggestion?
    do not use an organ sound, use a piano, if it is not a big church, the organ (canned music) will be nowhere near as effective as a canned piano track for him to sing with, just my opinion.

Dan
    Absolutely, Dan has the right suggestion.
    Styxx

I posted a version you can play with here...
    http://schneblin.com/misc/panis_an.mid

Do not use any reverb. Let the church itself handle it.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately Ive had to work quickly and already sent him an organ recording with which he is at present happy with. He's taking it to the church tomoz to test it out (mix, sound, reverb etc), so we shall see and I'll let you all know.

Cheers guys, love the support on this forum. Its the best

Ben

Go Back to forum