• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Somewhat OT: Sarah Palin, Musicologist(?)

Share/Bookmark

Somewhat OT: Sarah Palin, Musicologist(?)

Normally, I'd be in favor of keeping politics off the forum, but I thought this would be amusing. The link has been circulating around the music department here at Indiana State, and I'm passing it along for whatever entertainment value it may contain.

http://jeremydenk.net/blog/2008/10/2...h-sarah-palin/

Enjoy! (And don't forget to vote!)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: Somewhat OT: Sarah Palin, Musicologist(?)

hehe--Pretty funny, Dan - Thanks for the levity.

It did seem eerily close to reality, which is not Quite so amusing. But hopefully we'll all be able to soon heave a collective sigh of relief and get ON with picking up the pieces - as in, the pieces that are left of the country.

So strange that I'll be in Russia before the election results are released. - I've been joking with friends that depending on the results - um----maybe I'll have to consider just staying there. Kidding! - I think I'm kidding anyway.

Going to forward the page to my gal's office, she'll love it too.

Thanks again.
    Randy B.

Sarah Palin really is a character. I love her tongue-in-cheekiness like "Well, Mr. Snooty Juilliard Graduate...".

It would be great if the coming administration would focus on the need for musical arts back in to the school curriculum. Though I had no interest in music during my school years, I do know that it has great benefits in a pupil's academic and personal growth. I always saw music as the "sports for the sports-challenged". At my Alma mater, the band was just as important at the football games as the cheerleaders, the crew, or the players. I always positioned my attendance close to the band to really get in to the excitement.

Edit: Finding out that my quick reading of the blog was actually a spoof, duh-- it really did sound like her being playful with the interviewer.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Well I don't know a lot about American politics, but that is brilliant.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Well I don't know a lot about American politics...
    Welcome to the club, David, neither do we.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ---um, you understand that was a parody, right, Schneb--?
    Woops, I looked at it very quickly because I am on-the-run. Didn't know it was an Onion-sorta thing. Actually, I thought it was her at first. :P I have heard her say things close to that. She is quite humorous in her wit and I thought she was making light of herself on a talk show.

Actually, for me, the best imitations are those that stay close to the individuals quirks and manners of speech. That is why I like Frank Caliendo Dish Network Ad featuring George W. Bush. Please note in advance that this is not the real current President and this is merely a spoof.

I thought Sarah Palin did a great job on Saturday Night Live. In fact, it was one of their highest rated broadcasts in years.

"the scariest two words in the English language are “Schenkerian Analysis.” "

You betcha!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum