• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Omnishere

Share/Bookmark

Problems with Omnishere

I'm currently having 2 issues with Omnisphere, and was wondering if others have had these things happen...

I'm running the latest Omni software 1.02, on an 8 core Mac, OS 10.5.4, Logic 8.02.

Using Omnisphere multitimbraly, Often times, all MIDI channels will play part 1. If I click the MIDI tracks in Logic, it sort of "wakes it up", and starts playing the parts on the separate MIDI tracks properly. After a while, it does it again, and it almost always seems to happen when I first load a song, and hit play for the first time.

Also, off-line bouncing (within Logic) has not worked at all. The rendered audio track of Omnisphere is littered with drop outs and MIDI glitches. This happens with simple sounds, with no automation, or even any mod or pitch wheel data present.

Re: Problems with Omnishere

That happened to me too.
    Make sure you bounce in real time (I know....slower). I always do now, in all circumstances due to the fact that the results are much better.

Also, off-line bouncing (within Logic) has not worked at all. The rendered audio track of Omnisphere is littered with drop outs and MIDI glitches. This happens with simple sounds, with no automation, or even any mod or pitch wheel data present.

Thanks for the reply... obviously, real time is the work around

Still, it would be great if Eric or Glenn could explain WHY this happens, and if it can/will be addressed at some point.

And the "confused" multi mode acting all omni on me from time to time is certainly a disturbing thing. No one else having that issue?

Don't forget to check the FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net whenever you have a problem or question. You'll find an explanation about the bouncing issue there. I haven't heard of any other reports of the midi channel problem, but send a Logic song which demonstrates the problem to tech support and they'll be glad to look into it.

- Glenn

Thanks for the reply Glenn. I will indeed look at the info on the website.

I'll be keeping my eye on the multi-channel problem, and see if I can narrow it down as well. If I can't, I will contact tech support at that time.

Thank you again...

I just did my Part 1 review on Omnisphere and tested multitimbral within Logic. Multitimbral setup is in my Part 2 review. I'm not in my studio right now, but you set up Logic Multitimbrally then setup Omnisphere multitimbrally. What I discovered is that for each Omnisphere channel, reset it for channel 1, channel 2, etc.

I set up three test tracks for a vocal piece using the Boys Choir on track 1, Womens ahs on track 2, and Men's ahs on track 3.

No problems, worked great.

You can option to use Omnisphere with one program per instance.

But the multitimbral setup does work.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Go Back to forum