• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Symphobia update suggestions/wishlist

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia update suggestions/wishlist

I just e-mailed Maarten yesterday, asking for two features to be implemented in Symphobia:

1. Expression control (CC#11)

2. ADSR or at least simple attack and release controls.

Here's the reply:

We will be adding CC11 control in the first update for Symphobia.

ADSR control is currently not on the list, but we have been thinking
    about adding it if enough users want it.
    Ok, so I wonder, am I the only one struggling with the lack of ADSR? I find it to be of quite an importance, because right now I have to use automation to control the amp. Adding CC#11 will already be of some help and I'm glad it's on the list but ADSR would still be really handy. So if you too would like to have the it implemented, or have any other ideas/wishes for the update, please write it down in this thread.

Thanks!:-)
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Re: Symphobia update suggestions/wishlist

I was surprised about the lack of CC11 as well, but I partially worked around that by loading the DYN patches and using a MIDI transform to translate CC1 to CC11.

- Chris
    Intel E6600, 4 GB RAM, WinXP Pro, M-Audio Audiophile 192, Cubase 4.5.1, GVI 3.64, Kontakt 3.0.2

Come on guys, I can't believe I'm the only one struggling with the lack of a simple envelope.
    They obviously won't do that just for me, so if you'd also like to be able to adjust ADSR in Symphobia, please post in this thread!
    NorthernSounds.NET.

I agree with you but I have Kontakt 3 which allows me to do deeper editing. So I'm sadly less motivated to bug Maarten and co. about that feature although by principal. I do think it should be in there.

Hmm ... I think it has been discussed here several times that ADSR envelopes are dinosaur synth technology. So if you want the realistically sounding recordings of Symphobia to sound like a dinosaur synth then the easiest way is to apply ADSR.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

For a product trying to be realistic, I think ADSR is useless. You can do it ALL with modwheel/expression, depending on the library. Real instruments have a specific "envelope", and that shows up in a recording of them. They are too dynamic for an archaic feature like ADSR.

My opinion, of course.

Brent

Sure, if you make an envelope that's rather radical, it can sound unnatural, but if you use it in a way that doesn't sound bad, then well... it doesn't sound bad And since Symphobia has patches that use modwheel to control both dynamic and expression (by crossfading different samples) then being able to add a litte envelope to all this can still be a valuable option. VSL interface has a simple envelope (just attack and release) and I used those many times, it can be very helpful.
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Henryk, whatever your doing, keep doing it. I listened to the music on your site: excellent stuff. : >

Quote Originally Posted by dinerdog View Post
    Henryk, whatever your doing, keep doing it. I listened to the music on your site: excellent stuff. : >
    Haha, that was a really nice comment to read, thank you!:-)

And BTW, I wanna say something that I should say at the beginning of this thread, but I didn't since it's so obvious: Symphobia is IMO absolutely incredible, I use it a lot and I love it! And actually that's exactly why I would like it to be this little bit "enriched".
    NorthernSounds.NET.

*** Disclaimer: I don't own Symphobia yet, but I will soon!***

Pitch Bend on all would be great. Or at least for the pitched FX, like clusters, gliss, etc. Of course, if there already are PB assignments, please disregard this post and consider me a doofus.

Go Back to forum