• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Topic: "Spring Song"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Spring Song"

    Y'all All,

    This is my augmented (no pun intended) and re-written "Spring Song". Yes, it's a bit early for anything Spring-related.

    Note the choir-like quality of the four flutes and four "French" horns beginning at 02:02.

    All instruments are GPO except for the horns which are Kontakt 3.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Spring Song"

    A very classical work with baroque elements, at the begining it sounds like a fugue. Nice job.

    Victor

  3. #3

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Quote Originally Posted by mrkeyboard View Post
    A very classical work with baroque elements, at the begining it sounds like a fugue. Nice job.

    Victor
    Many thanks for listening, Mr. Victor. I am pleased that you like it.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Mr Larry


    I am eagerly awaiting this coming spring for I will finally graduate from college. I started in college back in 1982, so I took a few more years than the average student.

    Nicely done on this piece.

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  5. #5

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Mr Larry


    I am eagerly awaiting this coming spring for I will finally graduate from college. I started in college back in 1982, so I took a few more years than the average student.

    Nicely done on this piece.

    Ron
    I congratulate you on your perserverance. Happy graduation in advance.

    Thanks for listening to "Spring Song", Mr. Ron.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: "Spring Song"

    This is something different for you. It's a softer side of you.

    Why, I knew you were a romantic at heart.

    It's really good work.

    I've been happily single for 25 years and I recently met a woman that could change all that.

    It's nice but it's a very stressful game. I can only hope she either throws me back in soon or bonks me over the head, drags me to her cave and it's over with.


    Phil

  7. #7

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    This is something different for you. It's a softer side of you.

    Why, I knew you were a romantic at heart.

    It's really good work.

    I've been happily single for 25 years and I recently met a woman that could change all that.

    It's nice but it's a very stressful game. I can only hope she either throws me back in soon or bonks me over the head, drags me to her cave and it's over with.


    Phil
    See if she has an older sister for me.

    Thanks for your message, as always, Mr. Phil. I appreciate it.

    My best to you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Spring Song"

    What are you talking about, "too early for spring"?

    It's spring right now!

    At least it is here anyway.

    I listened to you piece Larry and particularly liked the bass line running throughout - I thought it added a lot of texture to the piece and was well constructed.

  9. #9

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Ah, isn't it great to be a romantic and be able to write such wonderful music. I don't care what age a person is (and I am no young spring chicken either), spring is always and will always be the best time of the year. A time of fresh beginnings and new hope.
    Nice fugal passage (as usual from you Larry) at 3'30". Though I am learning 21st century composition technigues, my heart still yearns for this kind of music.

    You have produced yet another enjoyable piece of music Larry. Thank you so much for starting my day off with such a fine piece of music.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  10. #10

    Re: "Spring Song"

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    What are you talking about, "too early for spring"?

    It's spring right now!

    At least it is here anyway.

    I listened to you piece Larry and particularly liked the bass line running throughout - I thought it added a lot of texture to the piece and was well constructed.
    I forgot that you Aussies are backwards...uhhh, opposite to us Americans as far as the seasons are concerned.

    Thanks for the nice words, Mate and thank you for 'aving a listen.

    Best Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •