• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX User Favorites

Stylus RMX User Favorites

Does anyone know if this is possible: Using Stylus RMX I would like to choose a loop, make changes to that loop (pitch, filter, etc..), save that as a user favorite. Then do the same thing: load the same loop, make a different adjustment, and save that version to the user favorites.

When I've tried to edit the same loop multiple times and save the different versions to the user favorites, they all revert back to the default settings of that particular loop.

Thank you very much.

Re: Stylus RMX User Favorites

Parameter settings are saved into parts. Use "Part save" on the utility menu to save a part, and use "Part open" to later load it into one of the eight parts in Stylus.

- Glenn

Thank you.

Ok, I see how that works; however, what I would like to do is: in midi mode groove menu, be able to control my altered sounds from my midi controller and move between them in real time.

Sure. See the midi learn tutorial at support.spectrasonics.net for details on how to alter the sounds from a midi controller.

- Glenn

Thank you again for your help.

Checked out the midi learn tutorial (I've seen most of them-very helpful). Not exactly what I was trying to accomplish though.

This is what I'm trying to do:
    Lets say I have open the metamorphosis library, and I choose the sound Jewelz a. I like that rhythm and the drone note that goes with it. Lets say the pitch of the drone is A. So I take the pitch up a half step, now I have that loop but the drone is in A#. I would like to save that and now tune the drone up to B. Now save that, and move the drone to C, and so on.

After I have all these saved (part save if this is the correct method) I would like to be able to play them on m MIDI keyboard. For example, the one I saved at A would be A3 on my keyboard (an example) the one I saved at B would be B3, then C4......

You do that type of thing in a different way and saving is not required.

Watch the Advanced Edit Groups tutorial for how to do it. This in combination with Favorites should get you what you need.

Go Back to forum