• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - can't register the Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Help - can't register the Steinway

Greetings from a frustrated Steinway owner - I bought The Steinway in June (for my Birthday) but I've had a terrible year due to family problems and just haven't been able to find any time to install it.

Until tonight!

BUT - I can't seem to be able to create an account at Garritan.biz. Tried several times using several email addresses but I just seem to be getting returned to the original screen instead of what I expect, which is a message saying that a registration link has been sent to my email address.

Is the site broken? What can I do to get round this please? (I am SO looking forward to making some music with this instrument).

Cheers and thanks
    Jon Raybould

EDIT - Just tried restting my password. Got an automatic email back with a link, then changed my password - but it still didn't work. Help still required!
    Thanks

Re: Help - can't register the Steinway

MessageHi Jon

Don't worry, you still have time to authorize from when you install it.

When you log into www.garritan.biz, enter your serial number and a graphic key card should appear on the page. Simply drap and drop that onto tha ARIA app.

I'll ask our IT person to look into it. We've been doing some updates to the registration server so maybe that could be it.

We'll get this sorted for you soon.

Best,

Gary

Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply! (hey, it's like sending an enquiry to Virgin Airlines and getting a reply from Richard Branson!! )

UPDATE - I managed late last night to get the Steinway registered - I was trying to log in to Garritan.biz using my second computer which has internet access (DAW doesn't). So I setup my DAW for internet access, went to the site on that computer and it seemed to log me in straight away (don't think I was even asked for a password - weird!).

Anyway, I'm registered OK - BUT I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM:

I still can't get the steinway to give any sound.

Steinway is set up as a VST in Cubase.

When I try to load in any of the perspectives, all seems OK (seems to load the samples OK) then a box appers: A Serious problem has occurred; Cubase will shut down blah blah... see the error log file "cubasese.log "

The log file has this text at the beginning:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Fault address: 0C63145E 01:0000045E
    C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\SteinwayPost_x86.dll

Can anyone suggest what next to do please?? Do I move the dll to a different location?

Many thanks for your help so far
    Jon

Hi

Did you install the 1.01 update? (its on www.garritan.biz)
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hi David,

I *thought* I did, but anyway I just went and installed v.1.01 again - and it now WORKS! Lovely. Thanks to you and Gary for your help in getting me sorted. Can't wait to find time to try this piano out!!

Thanks again
    Jon

Go Back to forum