• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Professor Rigel, or "Wizard Rigel," had never shared the opinions of his former colleagues. He had completely disapproved of their theories and isolated himself totally. He was fed up with them. Those young modern scholars who claimed that all ancient civilizations thought the earth was the center of the universe and the stars and sun revolved around it.
    No! He shared the same ideas as in the Vedas, written many thousands of years ago. He took out his favorite book from the library shelf. He read:
    "O disciple, a student in the science of government, sail in oceans in streamers, fly in the air in airplanes, know God the Creator through the Vedas"

He kept coming back to this passage, he smiled by the power the words gave him. Those were powerful words. And it was reality, not the usual mumbo jumbo he had been hearing on planet Earth before he left, escaping in his private "HANNEBU III". Thanks to the science of electromagnetic-anti-gravity drive systems contained in this book, he now shared the same knowledge as the engineers of New Swabia in Antarctica.

These drives relied on Hans Coler’s free energy converter coupled with a Van De Graaf band generator and Marconi vortex dynamo (a huge spherical tank of mercury) to create powerful rotating electromagnetic fields that affected gravity.

But what he didn't know was that Captain Herman was on his trail. Herman had been spying for months and built a replica of Rigel's RFZ (RundFlugZeug). He found out how to manover the disc by studying documentary films from the test grounds of "Base 211" in Antarctica. It was also in one of those movies that in which found out about the South Pole wormhole in Antarctica, from which Rigel within some seconds disappeared from planet Earth one day.

Fred

Re: Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Well, this is something different from you. It's in the mold of Buck Rogers, retro science fiction.

This is pretty cool. It should be an interesting story.

It's well supported with your music.

Phil

"Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers and Ming" hold on you have a new rival in town! Here comes Wizard Rigel and Captain Herman.

This is definitely retro and fits the mold of the genre quite well.

You have a funny sounding voice though

I like how you use the effects and voice over to set the stage for this piece. If I have any criticism and it is only a personal preference, I would like to hear the background music a little louder. The music just seemed to far back in the mix to me.

Thanks for continuing your Sci-Fi journey with us!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Cool Re: Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    "Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers and Ming" hold on you have a new rival in town! Here comes Wizard Rigel and Captain Herman.

This is definitely retro and fits the mold of the genre quite well.

You have a funny sounding voice though

I like how you use the effects and voice over to set the stage for this piece. If I have any criticism and it is only a personal preference, I would like to hear the background music a little louder. The music just seemed to far back in the mix to me.

Thanks for continuing your Sci-Fi journey with us!
    Hi Rich,

I did a remix and adjusted the levels between speech and music!
    Your suggestion was right on the money!

Fred

Ahhh! that is much better. I can actually hear the moving parts now! Thanks.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Cool Re: Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Well, this is something different from you. It's in the mold of Buck Rogers, retro science fiction.

This is pretty cool. It should be an interesting story.

It's well supported with your music.

Phil
    Hi Phil,

Buck Rogers! That's something new for me, coming from Sweden!
    I will check it out, lol!

Fred

Fredrik:

Great piece and accompanying "computer" vocals.........lol

Really kind of convincing. Well done, Fredrik. Also, the
    sound effects were wonderful........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Fredrik:

Great piece and accompanying "computer" vocals.........lol

Really kind of convincing. Well done, Fredrik. Also, the
    sound effects were wonderful........

Jack
    Hi Jack,

Now Rigel has even reached California, lol!

Fred

Thumbs up Re: Rigel's RFZ from New Swabia

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Ahhh! that is much better. I can actually hear the moving parts now! Thanks.

Hi Rich,

I have checked out Buck Rodgers! Now I understand what has inspired the American series! Ray guns and stuff like that, lol!

How could I know this when I sat and fantisized about Professor Rigel!

Fred

Fredrik

This is an odd one from you. but I did like it a lot.

How did you do the voice?

Reminds me of Steven Hawkings.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast