• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere: Possible to set note range on soundsource?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere: Possible to set note range on soundsource?

Hello,

I'm exploring Omnisphere and first off I'm AMAZED that the quality and depth of this instrument! Its simply OUTSTANDING! Best purchase I've made in a long time!

Quick question: Is it possible to set note range on the sound source level? For example, I'm messing with a boys choir on sound source A, and don't want the sound of the voices below C3 (would rather just hear the B soundsource down there). Is there a way to program key ranges on a soundsource level? I would image I could, but cant seem to find it! I also cannot find it mentioned in the help file.

Thanks in advance for your help! BTW, is there an official spectrasonics user forum, or is it best to just ask questions like these here?

Re: Omnisphere: Possible to set note range on soundsource?

Again, I don't have it open at the moment and I'm not that familiar yet, so I'm not sure if you can do exactly what you want directly.

However, a fairly simple workaround would be to:
    - Load the same patch into two slots of the multi.
    - Disable soundsource A on patch 1 and B on patch 2.
    - Use the Multi-Stack page to split or crossfade the patches as you wish.

Hopefully. someone will chip in with the real answer - or I'll have another look when I have more time.

thats a valid way to do it.
    there is no keyrangeparameter for soundsources.

hans

darn, thats too bad! I guess I'll use the work-around, but i really hope this functionality gets put into omnisphere. i'm actually surprised that its not in there!

Why? It's so easy to do this in Stack mode.

well, you now have to use two patch slots instead of just one, which considering all the amazing sounds in ominsphere, will cause me to have to load more instances more quickly on my poor G5.

But of course, that's not something that's necessary to do all the time...just in certain situations like the one you described.

Go Back to forum