• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Nikolas Sideris' World-Premiere Concert in Seattle a Success!

Share/Bookmark

Nikolas Sideris' World-Premiere Concert in Seattle a Success!

This past weekend, I had the good pleasure to experience the world premiere of Nikolas Sideris' work" "Le Hassard t la Necessite" performed by the Octave Chamber Orchestra is Seattle.

Nikolas' music was included in an impressive roster of works for string orchestra.The repertoire included: Vivaldi's The Four Seasons and Mozart's Divertimento for Strings. Nikolas' piece complemented stood up well to the classical masters.

This is Nikolas' first US world premier and he has had premiere's in London and Athens. Nikolas' music stood out from the other works and was exciting, captivating, and just brilliant. There were a combination of melodies, complex harmonies/dissonances intermingled with harmonics and interplaying with Stravinsky-like rhythms. He seemed to push the stringed instruments to their limit I only wished this impressive piece was longer.
    The audience was impressed with the piece and during intermission people were raving about it.

The Octava Chamber Orchestra did a fantastic job with Nikolas' piece. The orchestra was led by the extraordinary concertmaster Matthew Weiss (who is a member of this forum).The orchestra consisted of 4 first violins, four second violins, 2 violas, 2 celli, one bass and a harpsichord. The level of the musicianship was first-rate as these players perform with the Seattle Symphony and other orchestras in the area.

Nikolas is completing his PhD in Music and this work was written last September towards the requirements of the doctoral program.

It was a real pleasure to meet Nikolas after knowing him virtually on the forum for several years.

Congratulations Nikolas on a successful performance and I am so glad to have attended. I once commented that Nikolas was a national treasure for Greece and this concert proved it.

Gary Garritan

PS: I'll post some pictures soon.

Re: Nikolas Sideris' World-Premiere Concert in Seattle a Success!

fantastic Nikolas! Kudos to you!

Nikolas,

congratulations, congratulations!

Gary is a such great review writer btw!

best wishes,

Barrie

Nikolas:

Wonderful event I'm sure and I know how excited you must
    have been to have your music played by such a talented
    group of musicians.

Congratulations again, and may your music reach many more
    audiences in the near future.

BRAVO,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wow, that is great news. Congratulations Nikolas! It must be a real thrill to hear your music played by such a great ensemble.

Are there any audio samples of your music on the net? I'd love to hear your pieces!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I also attended the concert and very much enjoyed Nikolas' piece. It had a fascinating mixture of influences and was definitely my kind of writing! It was also wonderful to get a chance to meet Nikolas and speak with him. He traveled quite a distance to hear this performance and I hope he found it satisfying and worth the considerable effort to be present. It would have been nice if he had had more time in our area before returning home but he was on a tight schedule. Anyway, an excellent evening of live music and conversation. Congrats to Nikolas!

Tom

I've been away from the forum too much lately and didn't know about this. A big Congrats to Nikolas!
    Trent P. McDonald

Fantastic news Niikolas,

Congratulations!

Here are some pictures!

Performance of Nikolas' "Le Hasard et la Nevessite"

The Orchestra acknowledging Nickolas

Concertmaster Matthew Weiss

Nikolas and some guy

Nikolas scalping before the concert

Nikolas at Rehearsal

Many congratulations, Nikolas!

Bravo, my friend. Bravo!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum