• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for animal sounds

Share/Bookmark

Looking for animal sounds

I'm looking for a comprehensive library of animal sounds - conventional to very unusual.

Can anyone recommend something?

Re: Looking for animal sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Tim York View Post
    I'm looking for a comprehensive library of animal sounds - conventional to very unusual.

Can anyone recommend something?
    http://www.soundsnap.com/taxonomy/term/69

.....thought you were going to offer to do them yourself Nick...

Baz

Though my appearance may be somewhat simian, I sound surprisingly human.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Hope you're good Nick!

Tim, and there's you living in Natural History television city...I think I have all the old BBC CDs around somewhere, but I'll certainly ask around..

best wishes

Barrie

I am indeed rather well, thanks Barrie. Hope you're full of the joys of Autumn too.

Did you settle on a brass library in the end?

Thank you Nick - great site!

Interested to know what the legal situation is on using those sounds - couldn't find much on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim York View Post
    Thank you Nick - great site!

Interested to know what the legal situation is on using those sounds - couldn't find much on the site.

In the front page it have "endorsements" from difrrent well known companyes. In the "About" link it says:

It was originally started by a small group of sound people from all over the world. Our common belief is that sounds and samples should be free for everyone to use in their projects, commercial or not.

Just in time for Christmas! With such a broad palette, I should be able to do a much better arrangement of Jingle Bells than last year's.

Do any of the principles of choral arrangement need to be modified for farm animals?

For the more unusual animal sounds, there's some very interesting modelling shenanigans going on here:

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/vst.html#nature

-----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Go Back to forum