• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Startup Slow After SCard Change

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Startup Slow After SCard Change

If anyone could help I would be most appreciative. Changed the sound card from a Creative Audigy to an Echo Mia. I removed the creative applications using their uninstall app and control panel - remove programs (anything that was Creative related).

When I launch Kontakt 3 now, it takes a really, really long time to load. Once it loads I notice in the choice of ASIO drivers Creative ASIO is still on the list - which leads me to believe I did not remove something,

In the control panel>devices section there is no Creative devices or drivers on the list of sound card controllers. The Audigy card is physically removed from my computer as well.

The Mia sounds fantastic - would love just to solve for the really long load time.

Welcome any troubleshooting tips.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Re: Kontakt Startup Slow After SCard Change

Hi Scott,

I don't know this problem particularly, but my approach might be (based on getting other kontakt problems fixed):

Uncheck the current asio driver in the menus

If new choices appear then check what you want

Otherwise close down/save with nothing checked and restart, go back to the menu and look for your mia card, hopefully it will be found as an option then

Its probably looking for the old card which is not there. I hope this helps,

Paul

Paul:

Thanks for the response - been away for a few days.

In what menus are you referring to uncheck asio drivers?

In Kontakt 3 I don't see a place to "uncheck" - just a drop down of available drivers (which mistakingly lists creative).

Thanks again,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Under options, audio engine tab there is a button in Kontact 2 for audio/midi settings dialog. Clicking the button gives you a soundcard box, which has choices about asio/directx etc and an asio configuration button-which goes out to the sound card selection. Try these and see if you find changing the settings and then coming back (like to directx and then back to asio)-you may get a refreshed list of choices and the one you want. Unless kontact 3 moved away from this. Good luck,

Paul

Will try that when I get home tonight. Thanks,

scott

Go Back to forum