• Register
  • Help

Topic: Live Mode Selection via CC messages

Share/Bookmark

Live Mode Selection via CC messages

Im trying to setup live mode. I want to select patches with a Novaton Nocturn. This is a cool little controller. However, it only has CC messages.
    Now, I use midi learn on a patch, it works fine and the patch displays the cc. But when I try to actually change the patch, the cc has no effect.

I have the ability to set max and minimum value and steps. I'v tried the most common combinations to no avail. Any help would appreciated.

Yes, midi cc permission in on.
    Yes, The Nocturn has its own midi track in Live and its routed to the correct track.
    Yes, Midi CC is in the chooser.

I'm stumped.

Re: Live Mode Selection via CC messages

Anybody........

Quote Originally Posted by Lunamusic View Post
    But when I try to actually change the patch,
    do you mean copy/paste?
    save the patch?
    are you using a Live version older than Live7?
    it's not possible to save MIDI learn in older versions.

Sorry, I mean once midi learn complete and the CC numbers are displayed on the left, when I go to actually select the patches in Live mode, the Nocturn has no effect.
    Its obviously being routed correctly as the cc's displayed are correct.
    I think it has to do with the values of the messages. The default settings on the Nocturn are Max=1 and Min=0. I've tried the obvious ones, 127, 64 etc.
    I jut cant get this to work.

I'm using Live 7.10. Live's Midi Learn doesn't work with plugins. You need to route a midi track to the plugin.

Okay. I give up.
    Thanks.

Did you watch the tutorial video? Try setting your MIDI CC mode to "Switch".

- Glenn

Well that makes no sense. For one it still has no effect. And second, CC's should work in any of the 3 modes. This is clearly a result of using the Nocturn. I'm pretty sure Omnisphere is working as it should. Whats frustrating is I can't find out from either manufacturer what the solution is. There has to be one.
    Like I said in a previous post, the CC messages on the nocturn can be set up with any number of different values. What is the correct setting? etc etc. So far I have not heard back from either Novation or Spectrasonics. Going on 3 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunamusic View Post
    Well that makes no sense. For one it still has no effect. And second, CC's should work in any of the 3 modes. This is clearly a result of using the Nocturn. I'm pretty sure Omnisphere is working as it should. Whats frustrating is I can't find out from either manufacturer what the solution is. There has to be one.
    Like I said in a previous post, the CC messages on the nocturn can be set up with any number of different values. What is the correct setting? etc etc. So far I have not heard back from either Novation or Spectrasonics. Going on 3 weeks now.
    hi - we already covered this with the remote sl, i'm guessing the same thing will work on the nocturn - there is another midi mapping thread where i've uploaded my sl template as well as the omnisphere template that works for changing programs in live mode and choosing ptches in the other browsers. use the search feature on the forum to find it.

meth

Go Back to forum