• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Free at last...

Share/Bookmark

Smile Free at last...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    After running away from hurricanes all summer, computer failures, and other assorted problems, suddenly last night, I found myself as proud and happy as I have ever been in my life.
    Congratulations America! (Who ever you voted for).
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Free at last...

Don't worry Brian....

I'm sure Palin will be back to rejuvenate your beloved GOP

"As your next president, I'll put education first by introducing snake bitting churches into the classroom!"
    PALIN2012

That just means Palin can relate to the 90% of all other Americans who don't know their geography either!

Besides, to most of you guys, U.S.A. is the only country that matters.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    That just means Palin can relate to the 90% of all other Americans who don't know their geography either!

Besides, to most of you guys, U.S.A. is the only country that matters.

Rob
    Obama has a passport - never forget that!

At least he knows where Africa is, cripes he's even been to Yurop
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

So, where are we anyway and what's this country Texas everyone's talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    Texas thinks it's a separate country. Where else can you drink and drive, and carry loaded shotguns in your truck?

I played in a band out of Oklahoma City years ago, and we did a mini-tour of Texas. One day, we were in the band station wagon, and had a little altercation with some Texans in a pickup truck with a shotgun rack in the cab. They chased us for miles, and their weapons of choice were beer bottles. They had a case of empties in the bed of their truck, and kept reaching back for bottle after bottle, smashing them against the side of our car. It was not a fun time.

Brian, were you in Dallas that day?

Ern
    Texas is probably like South Dakota, where it's illegal to transport a concealed firearm, hence the gun rack in the pick up rear window.

I wouldn't doubt Brian was indeed chasing after you.
    He's a mean nasty Texan like that.
    It gets really scary when he starts talking to you and he doesn't have a Texan accent
    You have to be on your toes, because you just know he's up to something no good

Oh those crazy nuts, i wish they would behave. Actually they're from Oklahoma, and are apparently still pissed off because Oklahoma kicked them out for drinking and driving, smashing and throwing beer bottles, and causing a ruckus with their shotguns.

Sorry to hear your visit to our country was an unpleasant experience. I had a similar encounter at a gas station in some border town, i think it was called Hicksville or something like that... but it ended kinda quickly when they noticed my 357 Magnum aimed at the tall one's head.

But that was about twenty years ago, and happy to report only one of those incidences occurring in 50 years. I think you find Dallas to be more inviting... hopefully.

When i first visited Georga, and was working in Pooler, close to Savannah, i was told i was in an area where the author of Deliverence was inspired to write that, after some encounters with the locals there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    When i first visited Georga, and was working in Pooler, close to Savannah, i was told i was in an area where the author of Deliverence was inspired to write that, after some encounters with the locals there.
    dee-dee, dum-dum, dee-dee, dum-dum

Brian, I'm glad you're happy. But we are anything but free now. We wouldn't have been under McCain either (trust me, I saw his jack-booted tactics at the RNC first-hand).

Obama has stated repeatedly that he blames all of the current mess on the concept of the "free market". Nothing could be further from the truth. Heck, you can search this very forum and see that I predicted this crises back in 2004 (not because I'm smart, but because it was obvious to anyone who cared to look). In that post, it is explained that this is all a result of government meddling in the credit market (much of which took place under Bush). And back then I predicted that people would blame the whole mess on the free market.

Well, I hate to say I told ya so, but... Obama now plans to ratchet government controls on the market even higher. That isn't freedom, and it's only going to worsen the feedback loop.

Also, in Obama's press conference today, he said that Iran pursuing a nuclear weapon was unacceptable. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Oh, he looks different, talks different, has a different style, and actually appears intelligent. But if it is fundamental change you wanted, you got snookered.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast