• Register
  • Help

Topic: NO SOUND! NOTHING?! Why?

Share/Bookmark

Angry NO SOUND! NOTHING?! Why?

I have GPO and it works splendidly, but for some reason I can't get JABB to work on my computer.

I'm running a windows vista machine with a sigmatel sound card on a dell vostro laptop.

After installing JABB, I opened Kontact player and loaded a trumpet sound, but whenever I play the keyboard there is no sound. I also tried routing it through cakwalk sonar as a softsynth, and still no sound.

I tried changing from ASIO to MME, but that didn't seem to work either? Am I missing something?

Suggestions?

Re: NO SOUND! NOTHING?! Why?

Is the modwheel on the instrument down at zero? Try raising the value if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Is the modwheel on the instrument down at zero? Try raising the value if this is the case.
    thanks for the quick reply.. i tried your suggestion and still nothing

All right. Let's find if the routing issue lies in Kontakt or elsewhere.

When you play notes on your keyboard and Kontakt player is open and an instrument is loaded, do you see the meter on the right side of the instrument light up? If you do not, when you strike a note, do you see the MIDI activity light on the instrument blink? (it's located to the left of the midi port assign dropdown)

R

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    All right. Let's find if the routing issue lies in Kontakt or elsewhere.

When you play notes on your keyboard and Kontakt player is open and an instrument is loaded, do you see the meter on the right side of the instrument light up? If you do not, when you strike a note, do you see the MIDI activity light on the instrument blink? (it's located to the left of the midi port assign dropdown)

R
    A quick update.. I got it working for about 5 minutes..I played with the mod wheel again and suddenly started getting sound...even though it wouldn't let me play more than one note at a time with the trumpet ks patch, and then when I re-opened it later I didn't get anything

The meter does light up and the CPU meter indicates activity.. I am perplexed.

The one note limitation is built into the trumpet instrument, it's not a problem with your system (the logic being that a trumpet can only play monophonically). For polyphonic instruments, use the "Lite" patches.

If the meter is showing audio output from the trumpet KS instrument, the issue probably lies in the routing/soundcard selection. SigmaTel likely doesn't do ASIO. Try using it in direct sound with a sizeable buffer.

I still think its the mod wheel setting. Every time you start you need to get the mod wheel steeing above zero or the sound comes out silently.

Open a midi track, set mod wheel to 100 say, and then when you play / record "the music goes down and around and it comes out here"

the default setting is zero
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    I still think its the mod wheel setting. Every time you start you need to get the mod wheel steeing above zero or the sound comes out silently.

Open a midi track, set mod wheel to 100 say, and then when you play / record "the music goes down and around and it comes out here"

the default setting is zero
    I actually had the wrong soundcard setting (duh) and got it working perfectly. For some reason my GPO was automatically set to the correct driver, and JABB was not.

Thanks for the help guys!

Go Back to forum