• Register
  • Help

Topic: Name your GS4 OS.

Share/Bookmark

Name your GS4 OS.

I want to know what OS you are running GS4.

I think the only solution to my problem (other than a livelihood of boycotting Tascam) is add another HD and install another OS without Kontakt on it.

This is going on a QC6600, with a AP192, FW410. M-Audio doesn't have 64bit support yet.

Re: Name your GS4 OS.

I have one instance on XP SP3, another on Vista Home premium 32.

Incidentally, both OS's also run K2 as well, and without problems. That said, I wouldn't dream of running both simultaneously - though hosting K2 in GS4 on ?XP has worked (sometimes).

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin View Post
    though hosting K2 in GS4 on ?XP has worked (sometimes).

Belbin
    I remember GS4 woudl crash as soon as it scanned the Kontakt VST.

It's odd that I can't get GS4 to work on my systems with Kontakt installed. Will Loconto is the other member who is experiencing the same problem.

Do you know Tascams support #? I want to call them. IF they can't fix it then maybe they can direct me to the right people to see about getting a refund.

(323) 727-7617 from Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Time.

Belbin

I have two machines. One XP 32-bit one XP 64-bit. I also played with a system that had Vista 64-bit and it worked fine.

Use gs4 on one 32-bit xp laptop w/2 gigs ram and 2 xp64's, one 4 gig e6700 and the other 8 gig q6700. Tascam fw1884 and rme fw400 for audio. Also use K2 (2.11u) on the xp64's but only concurrently with gvi3 rather than gs4. That version of K2, btw, has always worked so smoothly for me, I've never been inclined to risk an upgrade.

Howard

Hi.
    I don't know what is going on! Just yesterday I installed GS3 with last update 3.21..The problem is when I press the GS3 icon I get a blue screen and my PC do a restart ! I am runing Window XP sp2..3gig ram and quad core..with firewire m-audio 1814 it is an audio and midi interface.
    Any help guys ?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Hi.
    I don't know what is going on! Just yesterday I installed GS3 with last update 3.21..The problem is when I press the GS3 icon I get a blue screen and my PC do a restart ! I am runing Window XP sp2..3gig ram and quad core..with firewire m-audio 1814 it is an audio and midi interface.
    Any help guys ?

Regards.
    What does the BSOD say?

I'm also very reluctant to try the most current M-Audio drivers.

Go Back to forum