• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: PLAY is such an unoptimized software

Share/Bookmark

PLAY is such an unoptimized software

Hi there,

I'm posting this here because I'm sure I would get my post deleted on EW official forums.

I have an intel core 2 duo E4200 with 4 GB of ram ( XP 32 bit though ) , Ok it's a 1 year old computer already. But it handles all my vst perfectly. Except using play on Cubase 4 is not stable at all. So CPU and ram consuming. Its so annoying. It's unusable on a whole song without bouncing tracks ! The samples are really top notch , but the interface is not well-crafted. It crashes my cubase 4 randomly also. Really disappointing

I'm sure with the latest computer and a 64 bit OS, and around 8 GB of ram it will work perfectly. But man I can use with no problems Vienna appassionata strings fully loaded . That really means PLAY software is badly programmed .

Just that "not happy" topic again

Romain,

Re: PLAY is such an unoptimized software

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter View Post
    Hi there,

I'm posting this here because I'm sure I would get my post deleted on EW official forums.

I have an intel core 2 duo E4200 with 4 GB of ram ( XP 32 bit though ) , Ok it's a 1 year old computer already. But it handles all my vst perfectly. Except using play on Cubase 4 is not stable at all. So CPU and ram consuming. Its so annoying. It's unusable on a whole song without bouncing tracks ! The samples are really top notch , but the interface is not well-crafted. It crashes my cubase 4 randomly also. Really disappointing

I'm sure with the latest computer and a 64 bit OS, and around 8 GB of ram it will work perfectly. But man I can use with no problems Vienna appassionata strings fully loaded . That really means PLAY software is badly programmed .

Just that "not happy" topic again

Romain,
    I was thinking about getting some Play software this year but am nervous about using it on my older PC. I use Gold pro XP, Stormdrum, and a bunch other EW products all with the old Kontakt interface. They all work well and are light on the CPU. It makes me nervous reading posts like this. i think I'll be passing on the play instruments until I get a faster PC.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I have not installed my Play Orchestra because these things.... .

I use an older PC too and my Platinum in Kontakt works well. I also like it to have the opportunity to edit my libs... .

Interesting: Once on EW-forum I told that I sometimes turn off the release samples from my Platinum pro in Kontakt-Sampler. The admin there told me that in this way I would ruin the sound... . Now in the new "Play" you can turn off the release-samples on an extra knob... .

But sure, next year I will buy a new PC and then I will install my Play Orchestra.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Tried to compose an electro / rock song tonight and my Cubase crashed 6 times in a few hours.

It takes 20 seconds to save a project with a PLAY instance in it, while it only takes 2 s with other VSTs.

Not to mention a few crackles in the sound....

John, I believe you.

But, please note, this is not first the result from the new "Play", it is just only a result using the newest player-generation with older hardware... .

I just purchased, the Quantum Leap pianos and have had nothing but trouble.

mac g5 2.0 ghz dual
    4.5 gig of ram
    motu 828 MKII
    7200 rpm hard drives

Crackles in sound
    Notes just stop playing

loaded all the sample libraries with NO errors, but then afterwards the software tells me some samples are missing... and it's true, I have whole octaves that are missing???

It doesn't seem to matter much if you have a fast computer or not... PLAY is just the opposite, STOP software would be more appropriate.

Sounds really good, you just can't make it work. I'm calling tech support on Monday and going to try to get my money back. Beyond my slightly older computer, this software just does not work as advertised.

Even the lite patches don't work!

POS really

Giga...

So perhaps the developers go back to the roots and sell hardware...?!

I loved my big racks with all the 19" instruments.. .

Oops, this would mean that they also would create jobs!

Yeah germancomponist i'm sure that with a better computer play would work perfectly

Its just funny that they wrote "G4 1 ghz" as minimum requirements on their website. With such a computer, you could just display the play interface and do nothing else

Oops....,
    Did they told on what Computer-machine it works well?

Play is unusable on anything but the fastest computer.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast