• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere and Symphony of voices comparision

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere and Symphony of voices comparision

Hi there

is there some official comparision chart of the content of Symphony of Voices and the corresponding content in Omnisphere?
    I own them both and would like to know where I have to look for certain stuff... My impression is that very much of it is included in Omni - but not everythng, right? (Same thing for Hans Zimmer Guitars 1 and 2, BTW)

Thanks

Uli
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Re: Omnisphere and Symphony of voices comparision

My friend owns Vocal Planet and says that most of the content is not in Omni.I think Spectrasonics chose the voices that would make sense in a synth vs. say a phrase so it may be similar to SOV.. Playable vs. Phrases that are not which does make total sense.Somehow I think it's related to SOV.They do sound great though,hope this helps..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    They do sound great though
    Absolutely
    Actually I'm just curious, as I have now the same library twice on my computer, to know where are the differences. But if there's no chart, nevermind...
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

I agree with your request,it seems like a good one.

Spectrasonics can we get an official list of what previous products are in Omni vs. what previous libraries are not in Omni or a compare list from the previous Spectrasonics libraries?

Do you think they will ever make it inside Omni btw?
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Hi..Go here.. http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=63511 ..There is a link to all the patches and soundsources..Don't know if that will help..But an amazing look into what is there.. JON

Basically all of the playable multisamples, ambiences and FX from SOV, VP, HZ1+2, DR1+2, and Bizarre Guitar are included...and some previously unreleased material from those libraries as well. With a couple of exceptions, the phrase material is not included, since that material makes more sense to use in a sampler. A library like VP is primarily phrases and a library like SOV is primarily multisamples.

Only the Heart of Africa vol.2 SFX are currently included. The rest of Heart of Africa and Heart of Asia is not included at this point.

More of the sample libraries may be making its way into the Omnisphere core library, but there's no timetable or announcement about that right now.

thank you for the information

Uli
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Go Back to forum