• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Finale 2009 Multicore Processor Support?

Share/Bookmark

OT - Finale 2009 Multicore Processor Support?

Hey, just a quick question for all of you Finale 2009 users:

Do you know if they added support for multi-core processors? They had a thread in their knowledge base about Finale 2008 that said specifically that it does not. I looked for that thread and one for 2009 and could not find either.

Finale 2008 is working great, but I just can't seem to get myself to think that it's good to have the A processor core maxed out all the time. Core B is getting lonely . I downloaded a processor monitor that tells how much stress is on each core and how hot they are. Core A certainly takes a beating, while B just sits there until the system needs it for something else, since Finale cannot access it.

That would really be the sale point for me. I'm already strongly considering it because of its support for any VST instruments, but I probably will not upgrade if it does not support multicore processors.

Re: OT - Finale 2009 Multicore Processor Support?

I have Finale 2009 and a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (running Vista 64). Not only does Finale 2009 use only one core, it uses "busy waiting" during playback, such that the one core that it does use is maxed out, regardless of the complexity of what you're doing. It's at 100% usage regardless of whether you need one voice or sixty.

-Randy

Re: OT - Finale 2009 Multicore Processor Support?

Quote Originally Posted by rfiato View Post
    I have Finale 2009 and a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (running Vista 64). Not only does Finale 2009 use only one core, it uses "busy waiting" during playback, such that the one core that it does use is maxed out, regardless of the complexity of what you're doing. It's at 100% usage regardless of whether you need one voice or sixty.

-Randy
    Thank you for responding. That's exactly how Finale 2008 is. I guess I'll just have to wait to upgrade then. Do you have any idea when they plan to add it?

Go Back to forum