Topic list is:
1. Using software instruments like Native Instrument’s Kontakt 2 or 3 as standalones into Logic using Cycling ‘74’s Soundflower
2. Using software instruments like East West’s Stormdrum 2 as as standalones into Logic using Cycling ‘74’s Soundflower.
3. Using Propellerheads Reason with Logic Pro 8 with Rewire
4. Creating a 2 Pop in LP8 and Placing the Audio Files in a ProTools Session
5. Converting a Logic Pro 7 template into a Logic Pro 8 template without creating headaches.
7. Using Logic Pro 8 as a front end for a TDM rig.
9. Creating an EXS24 Instrument Loader Project.
11. Creating an Orchestral Template in Logic 8 with third party EXS24 libraries.
12. Customizing Environment Layers for Orchestral sections.
13. Modifying the Orchestral template for score printout use.
14. Using software instrument s that are both multi-timbral and multi-output
15. Converting Multi-output Software Instruments to Audio
30. Customizing an Environment Layer for a “Live” mixer.
31. Using an Akai MPC with Logic Pro 8.
3. Using Propellerheads Recycle 2 with Logic Pro 8 and the EXS24
COMPOSING & EDITING TIPS/METHODS
6. Advanced quantize techniques for natural sounding midi arranging.
8. Using Soundtrack Pro as the external sample editor with Logic Pro 8.
10. Bringing Audio Files into a Logic Project and Having Them Follow Tempo
16. Creating a tempo map from an audio file without strong transients
19. Using side chaining in Logic Pro 8, such as the Evoc 20 PS.
22. Plotting”Hits” for film cues.
25. Quantizing the placement of regions with the Event List and the Event List Float.
26. Using Groove templates to i.e. make Logic mid parts feel more like an MPC-3000.
27. Using Arpeggiators creatively with software instruments in Logic Pro.
RECORDING & MIXING TIPS/METHODS
18. Applying wise gain structure techniques in Logic Pro 8.
20. “Old school” audio recording techniques for those who want to emulate the methods used in the tape recorder days.
21. Creating a Customized Click Track
23. Using UAD-1 PCI/PCI-e cards and their FX with Logic Pro 8
24. Using multiple controllers to allow multiple players to discretely play different software instruments at the same time.
28. Using Parallel Compression in Logic Pro 8.
29. Drum sound replacement in Logic Pro 8 with Audio to Score and ApTrigga or Drumagog.
17. Bouncing vs. Exporting, when to use each.
Looks good - I've ordered a copy from Amazon