• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Riddle... (Garritan Steinway)

Riddle... (Garritan Steinway)

Hi. After being played the Ravel now comes a relax moment, like a kind of intermission. This is a very short arrangment (is not a piece of mine). The style was intentionally changed and it has a brief introduction. Can you guess the original tune? (is very famous....)

Re: Riddle... (Garritan Steinway)

Meet the Flintstones

Quote Originally Posted by hglord View Post
    Meet the Flintstones
    Yes, it´s true and it´s quite obvius but believe it or not it was a lot of people that surprised me because they couldn´t discover that until i said them. Maybe was because they were not musicians and the change confused them . Thanks for hear it!.

Nice arrangement. One of my favorite shows when I was young.

I would have known it whether it was said or not.

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Hi Ron, thanks for you comments. I like the change because is an echo, a nostalgic view of a far voice that comes from the childhood. Now i am a little embarrased for this simple and silly riddle, when i made the arrangment i never thought of "disguise" nothing, but believe me that there were so many people that couldn´t guess the tune that i said myself: "Well, i´ll share it in the forum like a riddle". . But, well, enjoy the arrangment then.

this was absolutely amazing!!! did you write this version or was it already written/arranged? either way, it sounded great and put a smile on my face the second i recognized it.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Hi Keith, i´m glad that you liked it. The arrangement is mine, and it was improvised too. I was recording my improvisations, and this specially liked to me a lot because its warm and tender mood. I liked a lot this kind of pieces, the "bagatelle" style, that can express a lot in a very short time.

Excellent improvisation Victor.

The piano sounds so wonderful under your touch and
    no wonder, it's the Garritan Steinway...........

Really an enjoyable listen. I wanted to hear more.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Gentle and sweet... played in a way that's touching the soul...

That's how I describe your playing and arrangement.

Muchas Gracias! And bring us more... more...

Twenty seconds into the song, my wife exclaimed: "Flintstones?!!"

I really envy your improvisational skills. You are such a pro!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast