• Register
  • Help

Topic: Playable Trills - adjustable intervals on KP2 or not?

Share/Bookmark

Playable Trills - adjustable intervals on KP2 or not?

I am sure when I updated GPO a long while ago with the old-style GPO Player, that for the KS Solo Violins, the trills intervals could be adjusted with a cc controller. Checking in the update manual it says use cc16 on the appropriate key-switches, but no matter which Solo violin I choose and how much cc16 I throw at it, the intervals are fixed at semi-tone and whole tone. Has anyone ever got this to work with the Kontakt Player 2.x? I can't test it on the old player as trying to load a patch it tells me that the patches were "created with a more recent version".

Re: Playable Trills - adjustable intervals on KP2 or not?

Low did you ever get it to work, and if so, how? I am having the same issue.
    Thanks,
    GsPop

Re: Playable Trills - adjustable intervals on KP2 or not?

The correct controller for switching intervals on G# and A is cc#15, not cc#16.

Here's the info from p. 41 of the GPO manual:

Hidden Playable Trills/Wider Interval Tremolo Controller CC# 15
    The Solo keyswitch strings use cc#15 to control an alternative switching system for trills on keyswitch notes G# and A. The standard keyswitches (G# thru B) give the user control over half-step and whole-step trills plus their muted counterparts. The cc#15 controller extends switching to intervals from a half-step to as wide as a major third using the following values:

0-32 = half step
    33-64 = whole step
    65=96 = minor third
    97-127 = major third

Tom

Go Back to forum