• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I hook up Protools with Garritan Steinway?

Share/Bookmark

How do I hook up Protools with Garritan Steinway?

Hi,

I've been happily using the Garritan Steinway library as a plug-in in Protools for the past few months. But I've changed something, and now, when I try to launch Protools, it crashes instantly because it can't find the Garritan library.

I'm running Protools from one drive (HDA), and have the Garritan library stored on another (HDC). How do I hook up the two again?

By the way, I'm on a Macintosh, and I do see the plug-in "SteinwayRTAS.dpm" in the Digidesign plug-in folder.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: How do I hook up Protools with Garritan Steinway?

Please install 1.015 (www.garritan.biz) on top of the old install, and run sample manager, then use the "locate" feature to tell aria where your samples are..
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks David! Installing the update solved the problem instantly. Never did see any "locate" feature though. I guess it didn't appear because it wasn't needed?

Also, I'm fairly certain that the sample library is now downloading into Protools about 3 times quicker, without exaggeration, than it did before the update. Is that possible?

(Previously, the only way I could get Protools to access the samples from the Firewire drive was through a system of aliases. But I did some hard drive housecleaning this week, accidentally erased those aliases, then couldn't remember what or where they were.)

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by brucesiegel View Post
    Thanks David! Installing the update solved the problem instantly. Never did see any "locate" feature though. I guess it didn't appear because it wasn't needed?
    if the samples themselves were not moved, then yes its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by brucesiegel View Post
    Also, I'm fairly certain that the sample library is now downloading into Protools about 3 times quicker, without exaggeration, than it did before the update. Is that possible?
    There are some new variables in the picture, so yes its possible.

Cheers!
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum