• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Eve

Share/Bookmark

Eve

Hi all,

A few of you know, most of you don't know, that my personal project has been to do an instrumental album of the Biblical creation story. I have shared a couple (? - maybe it was only one, I can't remember for sure) from this project within the "Listening Room" in the past, and here is the latest entry called "Eve".

http://www.box.net/shared/3c45my0e8m

Libraries used:

- GPO for all orchestral, with some modified Bigga Orchestral Brass patches added in.

- BelaD Media Spiritual Winds for the Dizi

- BelaD Media Diva - a modified GigaStudio patch

- Spectrasonics Atmosphere

- Sampletekk's TSO for the piano.

Enjoy!

Rob

Re: Eve

Is amazing Rob! So vivid and realistic. Is really beautiful, the orchestration, the theme, the mix, the concept. Very smooth and spiritual, and the use of the female voice is well managed too. Is superb, congratulations!.

Victor

Wow - this is great.

In the beginning, I hear the music depicting Adam's deep sleep, then building up from there to show to creation of new life, with a bit of a feminine feel. Am I close to your intent?

Wonderful! Can't wait for your next accomplishment.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

This is a wonderful piece. The flute part sounds almost like a Native American melody or of Celtic origin. I get the impression of white, virgin snow after a big storm more than anything else. This piece is beautifully written and has some very tender moments.

The only thing I would add is some counter melodies to that gorgeous melodic line you have developed.

EXCELLENT!!!

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Great music. Nice, lovely, spiritual. Good mix and use of other gear. Congratulations with this wonderful piece.
    Rendered with an Apple computer ?

Raymond

Very, very pretty.

I feel this embodies all the wonderful things that make up a woman and how they affect the man to make life complete.

Romanticism at it's most tender.

Phil

Thanks for the comments guys. Hmm. So few comments - I guess I left everyone else speechless!

DanielB:
    In the beginning, I hear the music depicting Adam's deep sleep, then building up from there to show to creation of new life, with a bit of a feminine feel. Am I close to your intent?
    Close - I do have a tune that is about Adam's "deep sleep", so if anything, it is touching on Adam coming out of it. The rest of your comment is pretty much spot on.

RichR:
    The only thing I would add is some counter melodies to that gorgeous melodic line you have developed.
    I did have some counter melodies happening during the vocal, but found it necessary to cut down and simplify because I found it too distracting. If you listen carefully in that section, you might just pick out the clarinets doing something which may be construed as a counter melody of sorts.

Fastlane:
    I feel this embodies all the wonderful things that make up a woman and how they affect the man to make life complete.
    Oohhh yeah!

Rob

Rob,

I'm a bit late in answering...

This is absolutely beautiful!

I pictured myself in a little boat, being lulled by small waves, daydreaming...
    the repetitive theme, with its 'pause' at end of phrase, soothing and relaxing...

And I love that flute!

Bring on the next one soon!

Yudit

This really is a beautiful piece. I love how you have it in 3 time, but play it almost like its in 4 with a two beat pause at the end of each phrase. This string accompaniment is absolutely perfect - it sounds like something Thomas Newman would do (Meet Joe Black). The way they fade in and out brings chills and at the end with the 8th notes going back and forth ever so slightly behind the brass - wonderful.

The melody is superb. It's easily remembered and hummable, and I think that's the the goal of a good melody.

It also sounds very simple, but when you listen closely I can hear that it's actually complex in subtle ways and this is your excellent composition skills shining through into your work. I always find it difficult to say so much with so little, but this is a prime example of how it should be done.

Also, how was Atmoshpere used in this? I didn't hear any synth sounds. Was it the bass sound hovering in the background?

My only complaint is one in general. I searched the forum, and you've only posted 3 songs!!! Why not 3 a month??? This song is going on my iPod.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Rob:

Great piece and so well rendered. That Spectrasonics
    Atmosphere patch is such a mesmerizing background. Seems
    like anything in front of it will sound wonderful.

Very nice composing and orchestrating.

BRAVO,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast