• Register
  • Help

Topic: Play ewqlso

Share/Bookmark

Play ewqlso

Is there anyone out there running a Macpro Intel 2.2 GGZ with Play EWQLSO and having no problems?

Re: Play ewqlso

I am running it as a stand alone on my MacPro with no problems. In fact, I have to say that I love the software. I still use my Quad G5 PPC for my main DAW with DP 5.13. Using MIDI Over Lan to link to my MacPro running the stand alone version of Play. Works GREAT!

Peace

rikp

I have had crashes using a Mac Pro Logic 8 and play, it also renders omnispheres search engine useless.

east west do not seem to be in any hurry to release hot fixes for play.

I have gone back to using Kontakt until they decide to release fixes for play.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Is there anyone out there running a Macpro Intel 2.2 GGZ with Play EWQLSO and having no problems?

Running with Logic on a Mac Pro system, use PLAY like the EXS24, one instance per articulation. I have QLSO PLAY and EW is quite frequently releasing PLAY updates.

I also have Omnisphere which I recently reviewed. I haven't really tried out setting up multitimbrally with Logic, but from what I've seen so far, it seems that the multitimbral issues are more with Logic and not with either Omnisphere or QLSO.

I have a client I set up with QLSO on a Mac Pro system with one orchestral section per drive. No problems on DP6.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Smile,

run this software better on this computer, but much better with this OS, and this daw and so on.... .

We are in the year 2008 now, and I remember how easy it was to use all the hardware instruments in the past.

When there was a question, it was only about midi, and all composers could donate their most time to compose and not searching for the newest updates here and there.....!

Lests make music!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

try loading ominsphere then play, now go to omnisphere and try to search sounds.

if you are using logic 8.02 you will get double typing in omnisphere.

this issue is still unfixed since september 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by peter269 View Post
    Running with Logic on a Mac Pro system, use PLAY like the EXS24, one instance per articulation. I have QLSO PLAY and EW is quite frequently releasing PLAY updates.

I also have Omnisphere which I recently reviewed. I haven't really tried out setting up multitimbrally with Logic, but from what I've seen so far, it seems that the multitimbral issues are more with Logic and not with either Omnisphere or QLSO.

I have a client I set up with QLSO on a Mac Pro system with one orchestral section per drive. No problems on DP6.

Omnisphere was only released on Sept 15. Have you reported this to tech support?
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Yes, I reported it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by peter269 View Post
    Omnisphere was only released on Sept 15. Have you reported this to tech support?

I am pleased to say this is now fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hooper View Post
    try loading ominsphere then play, now go to omnisphere and try to search sounds.

if you are using logic 8.02 you will get double typing in omnisphere.

this issue is still unfixed since september 15th.

Go Back to forum