• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Maybe I was wrong?

Maybe I was wrong?

I have always been a fan of less programming. Sample the instrument properly and very little programming is needed. That may be true in theory, but sometimes programming can save your *** , as I just found out. The update to Voices of the Apocalypse is a vast improvement. Dave Govett programmed TONS of crossfade patches and I am adding lots of expression as well as editing the new consonants, which include chromatically sampled pitched consonants. I may also include a couple other goodies that I was saving for VotA 2. I am not sure yet. The upgrade is free and hopefully will be available in a week. VotA now covers both ends of the spectrum really well.

Re: Maybe I was wrong?

Interesting.. I dont have VOTA (yet?), but keep improving it and I might buy it hehe VOTA2 - will that be boys choir only or what?

>>>>which include chromatically sampled pitched consonants<<<<

And the crossfades I already know are going to be a plus, since I wanted to do them in the first place!! hehheh

KingIdiot<-----first in line when you announce it!

Nick, I\'ve jsut E-mailed you. please check you mail and get back to me.

Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-06-2002).]

Thank you, Nick.

Shut up King, I was first in line (Pushing king down a few steps...klunk, bang, ooouch)

Are the updates on CD?

Francis Belardino

Composer/Sound Designer

PS. Yes, add the goodies, Nick!

Wanted to bump this up. This is great news for VOTA users.

Now this is interesting. I respect someone who admits he doesn\'t know everything. I may buy this library now. It would be nice to hear a new demo using the updated programming.

I think that it is important for Sample Developers to think in terms of \"capturing\" an instrument or groups of instruments. And if possible, creating just a few Performance files so that you don\'t need 16 Midi channels just to make the choices available in real time.It is difficult to translate too much Midi data layering into a polished Music Score.

In short, Giga needs a lot more dimensions.

Forgive me if this has been covered before. I\'m planning on buying VOTA in the next couple days. Where does that leave me with the upgrade? Is it a CD? Who will provide it? Does it matter who you bought the original from? On a slightly different note, Nick: what specifically will VOTA 2 have? When will that be out and will there be a discount for VOTA owners?

Right now I am concentating on making VotA 1 the best it can be. The upgrade will be on an additional cd which will be free and available from East West soon. I don\'t know about shipping charges. How would you guys feel about a 24 bit 44.1 version? The VotA upgrade will also include one all new angels patch ( expressive oh with crescendo and decrecendo) and some all new demonic men patches, which are cool, but kind of an experiment. VotA 2 will not be done for quite some time and will be large and eclectic. It won\'t be any competition for this library. I have no idea about pricing.

D\'idgya get my E-mail Nick? Curious to know what you thought.

Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum