• Register
  • Help

Topic: having a problem with the excersizes

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down having a problem with the excersizes

Is anyone else using Sibelius 5 to download the exersizes to. I get a score that doesn't resemble the actual score, but does seem to play the midi correctly.
    I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the right way to do this. I also have Cakewalk 9 as a sequencer but have had no luck using that prg either.

Art

Re: having a problem with the excersizes

Quote Originally Posted by rezmo View Post
    Is anyone else using Sibelius 5 to download the exersizes to. I get a score that doesn't resemble the actual score, but does seem to play the midi correctly.
    I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the right way to do this. I also have Cakewalk 9 as a sequencer but have had no luck using that prg either.

Art
    I'm having problems as well - downloading one of the exercises (Excercise_10-Legend_of_Kitesh.mid) then trying to open it in Sibelius 5 just gives a blank page. Trying to open the file in Logic, gives a 'No Tracks Found' error.

Can anybody help?

Chris (Mac OS X)

Quote Originally Posted by rezmo View Post

Art
    For the exercises you can

a) Look at the jpg graphic of the score

b) Listen to the mp3 of the score

c) Download a MIDI file of the score and assign GPO instruments in your favourite sequencer. Please note that these MIDI files were created in a sequencer and will not render correctly to show anything like the original score, refer to the jpg graphic or flash movies in the course chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    I'm having problems as well - downloading one of the exercises (Excercise_10-Legend_of_Kitesh.mid) then trying to open it in Sibelius 5 just gives a blank page. Trying to open the file in Logic, gives a 'No Tracks Found' error.

Can anybody help?

Chris (Mac OS X)
    Chris,

Should have this sorted for you shortly, watch this space...

Go Back to forum