• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Anybody have Waldorf Q in their set up?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Anybody have Waldorf Q in their set up?

Hi,

Does anybody have waldorf q? need help with how to program that pulsating 16th bass
    so typical for MV scores...

Alex

Re: OT: Anybody have Waldorf Q in their set up?

MV scores? Anyway... I don´t see a Waldorf synth for the typical BEEFY sound. I have a microQ and the sound is a lot more thin and tinny compared to stuff like Supernova and Virus.

Simon,

Media Ventures action scores...so then I should stop trying with waldorf and get a Virus b then?

For basses Waldorf would not be my first choice At least not Q and mQ - dont know the others as well, but I believe that ´German´ sound is written allover Waldorfs synths.

For basses, Supernova is known to be really good. Virus is not bad either, and Virus can do A LOT more. Lush pads, in-your-face distorted sounds, weird efx etc. Nordlead is also an option.

Thanks Simon,

I\'ll add a Virus to my studio then, it\'s decided...
    Thanks for the advice...
    P.S.
    I love your new GOS demos, especialy col legno one..

You can program that kind of bass with any synth that has a good lowpass filter..
    I believe it\'s mostly done with a sawtooth lfo (|\\|\\|\\) on the filter, and then using a couple of detuned square\'s on top of each other running through this filter.
    Then you can use the mod connected to the filter to open and close the filter so the lfo becomes more or less pronounced.

Cheerio,

Joe

Simon,

Have you tried John Bowen\'s Prophet for the Pulsar?

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 02-04-2002).]

I usually do that \"pulse\" with filters and ride the filter in real time.

I built a gnarly synth sound on my Korg Analog modelor. Really small patch tho,...needed to be for the project I used it on. I got nice results just riding the CC11/volume control but thats because I couldn\'t use filters on it

Anyhow, yah the Virus would be a nice one to have

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thanks guys....

Got the Virus last night...so far so good, very very good machine...pretty grity and warm sound so blends well with orchestra..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Simon,

Have you tried John Bowen\'s Prophet for the Pulsar?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope but I have the Pro-1 - pretty nice synth. I am a bit reluctant using Pulsar these days though, since the sluggishness of the GUI is p*ssing me off.

Go Back to forum