• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yet another product with Garritan sounds

Yet another product with Garritan sounds

I ran across this at:

Not something we composers might want, but useful for making soundtracks for home videos or such. Mac only. After "creating" a track - you can send it to GarageBand or other programs and tweak away. Sounds to be interesting - I have not listened to the demos yet. A little busy now.

Abaltat Muse™2.0 enables anyone, regardless of musical ability, to compose royalty-free, multi-part soundtracks that are perfectly timed and aligned to edited video. Now, Abaltat continues the evolution of video driven soundtrack creation with the release of Abaltat Muse™2.0. New features including dual composition methods, new bands with presets, easy to use User Interface and much more, make short work of composing temp to final soundtracks - and all 100% royalty-free.

The second stage is where the fun begins because Abaltat Muse™2.0 allows you to arrange the soundtrack using already familiar keyframe events and keyboard commands: change instruments; alter scales; fade parts in and out; stereo panning; add harmonies based on color; assign principle or secondary colors to control the melodic and bass parts; and more.

Abaltat has joined with two of the leaders in the audio sample production business, Native Instruments and Garritan Libraries, ensuring the highest standard of audio and authentic instrumentation with a natural live feel.
    Finished compositions can be exported as .AIFF, .WAV, as a mixed track, individual tracks, as MIDI or as QuickTime.

Abaltat Muse web site:

MacUpdate site with $200 off offer (normally $299 - now $99 for the next 24 hours I think)
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Yet another product with Garritan sounds

lol - i want to see that in action!

This is just purely good imho! It forces composers to think harder and give in something for the film no software can do.

Looks like fun to work with, and I like the simple interface. However, GarageBand 4 is really working well for me. Although it is pretty slow if I bring in a video.

Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

About those programs that "create" its own music for films. There's just something fundamentally wrong about this. Talk about the ultimate "outsource" of jobs! To software programs, no less!

Yes, I can see these programs used for the average home-produced films by non-music individuals wanting to add musical sparkle to their video albums. I have to wonder if and how much these programs are used commercially, though. Are they? I sincerely hope not.

In a parallel world, there are a lot of on-line "MD and RN" web sites that help answer medical questions for people. Although this can be (and most probably is) a helpful educational tool, these web sites can not and should not replace one's own personal physician (or nurse). There are just too many individual and subtle variances to consider when discussing information and treatment courses for a disease process. Although helpful, the quick and easy "fix" of these online medical references can not nor should not replace real-live people (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dieticians, etc.). For similar reasons, I also believe this to be true for film composers. For films or even television commercials, there can be (and usually are) subtle scene changes or events to consider that (I believe) only a trained human-being can consider when scoring the film. I've visited web-sites where music was "created" totally by software programs. Yes, it was an impressive novelty listening event. But there seemed to have been something lacking, though. I believe that "something" to be that human touch, or the human soul, or that human creative thought that can only be created by (oh, please forgive me - LOL!) humans.

Apologies for the rant. . . .

I LOVE my computers! I really do! But the best medical advise is presented by real doctors or real nurses. The best music, to my ears, is created by real composers played by real musicians. I hope that our ever-growing, technology-loving society never forgets this.

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Most definitely for home video/slide use only.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Go Back to forum