• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 64 bit Host

Share/Bookmark

64 bit Host

I have used Forte, Cubase 4.1, Gigastudio 4 & Reaper as a host for live work, but ended up opting for Bidule as it is a very stable app, with tons of possibilities.

I will be recieveing some new hardware where I will need to finally jump to 64bit, but sadly Bidule & Forte are still stuck in 32bit land I believe.

Any suggestions on a host which is no frills, just plain old VST hosting only. I could use Gigastudio 4, but since the developement has stopped I see np advantage as they would need to keep making sure newly released products could be used, and Tascam can no longer afford to develope it.
    No sense feeding a dead horse I suppose.

Of course Plogue and Brainspawn are probably working on releasing something but I have a need to make a move now. There are more instruments I wish to add and my current 3GB switch is gagging from the K2 stuff.

Thanks In Advance.

JV
    JimmyV

Re: 64 bit Host

Seems that the latest version of the VSL Ensemble can host thirdparty VSTs and is 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Seems that the latest version of the VSL Ensemble can host thirdparty VSTs and is 64 bit.
    No that's not true. Vienna Ensemble has always been 64bit (as far as I remember) but there is no 3rd party VST hosting. Yet.............

D

sorry for creating confusion
    of course you are right
    it always was 64 bit.
    Really hope that the rumor about the 3rd party support will soon become true.

PC or Mac?

I use SONAR 64 bit (Vista 64 bit OS)

PC is what I am hunting for.
    But I need a stripped down non-sequencer app.
    I have noticed my RAM slowly disappearing since I started adding VSTi's.
    Giga 4 was working perfectly in 32bit XP as a VSTi host, but they won't be much help w/ compatability issues since they became legacy.
    JimmyV

I haven't used this software but, Cantabile 2.0 has a 64-bit version. It's currently in beta but you can download it.

http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    I will be recieveing some new hardware where I will need to finally jump to 64bit, but sadly Bidule & Forte are still stuck in 32bit land.
    Bidule has been x64 since day one of the VST 2.4 update, even was one of the first hosts to support x64 VST plugins, on Version v0.91 (February 9th, 2006)

If you have a valid license, you can get the latest version here:

http://plogue.com/bidule/latest/Plog...taller_x64.exe

We are updating this build as a demo download - for the rest of you -this week.
    It requires VST plugins to be x64 native. Any Host that runs x32 plugins in x64 mode is using a hack where a separate 32 bit exe actually host the 32 bit VST.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

David....My Broatha'....Merci.

I was unaware of this, guess I should get busy right away.
    I have used Bidule live for a few years. A most excellent app. I have Forte, but it had difficulty w/ the added buffers causing latency issues between Scope DSP/ Giga & Kontackt. Bidule has zero issues and is a fine performer.
    I believe you or Seb helped me w/ a dual dll. bug where GVI instruments had a duplicate ID, and could not be simultaneously loaded. Thanks to you Tascam released a fix within 24 hours. ( way back when they had customer service ).
    I never thanked you,

So Now I Thank You Twice " ".

Orevua.
    JimmyV

Always a pleasure!

Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum