• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Audio Impressions

Share/Bookmark

Audio Impressions

I have been folowing this product for a while. Posted a link, think I am reading it right. The price has dropped somewhat. There web page shows demos for Nov. 19th. Looking forward to this..Any comments? Best, Joseph
    http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=10887

Re: Audio Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by mech289 View Post
    I have been folowing this product for a while. Posted a link, think I am reading it right. The price has dropped somewhat. There web page shows demos for Nov. 19th. Looking forward to this..Any comments? Best, Joseph
    http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=10887
    I'm really trying not to have an opinion until I hear and see something.

However three things that spring to mind from the previous version:

1) If the sound hasn't dramatically improved, it doesn't matter how clever it is.
    2) Low latency audio over a network has never yet been shown to work. What is so different about this product?
    3) Why does it take so many computers? is it really using all the processing power available to an 8 core PC?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I'm really trying not to have an opinion until I hear and see something.

However three things that spring to mind from the previous version:

1) If the sound hasn't dramatically improved, it doesn't matter how clever it is.
    2) Low latency audio over a network has never yet been shown to work. What is so different about this product?
    3) Why does it take so many computers? is it really using all the processing power available to an 8 core PC?

D
    I could not agree with you more. There is one demo on there page I found done by Kevin Kiner. It does not sound too bad. Check it out.Best, Joseph

Playing a few string pads does not equal a good string demo. I can do something that sounds as good/bad using any of the commercially cheaper products available.

D

I too have been waiting for so long for a real good strings library, I've been watching the news on audio impression, but it's been so long since they first announced it.. I'm now a bit skeptical to be honest, but still hoping another library will come and revolutionize strings library.
    I heard that wallander is working on strings library, let's hope that will be a very good solution

I am pretty sure that EWQL will be producing a completely new "Strings" library. Maybe in 2009?

Not quite sure if it will be an addition to their EWQLSO library, or a totally new strings library. But either way it should be a cutting edge library.

al

its kinda funny that they announce a 2.0 version although they never released a 1.0!

You should consider String Essentials 2 by Peter Siedlaczek, Appassionata Strings 1 from Vienna.

From what I read, a newly studio recorded string library is coming sometime in 2009 from EW.

Also in 2009 Vienna is supposed to release their vocal choir. Really looking forward to that.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    its kinda funny that they announce a 2.0 version although they never released a 1.0!
    I was thinking the same thing - wasn't their first incarnation of this - $12,000 and six computers for just the strings - never released commercially?

Quote Originally Posted by peter269 View Post
    I hear that GOS 2 will be available around NAMM time. This has always been one of my favorite libraries.

You should also consider String Essentials 2 by Peter Siedlaczek, Appassionata Strings 1 from Vienna.

From what I read, a newly studio recorded string library is coming sometime in 2009 from EW.

Also in 2009 Vienna is supposed to release their vocal choir. Really looking forward to that.
    Peter, I still find the App. strings very hard to work with. It is just hard to breath life in them. Of course it could be just me. I find myself using Sonivox, and the KH library more then ever. I am also waiting to see what comes from EW. Best, joseph

Go Back to forum