• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio using old Kontakt player

GPO Studio using old Kontakt player

Ok, I must have a dll issue somewhere.

I just upgraded GPO's Kontakt from to, no problem. The new players are authorized and running.

Then I upgraded my GPO Studio from 1.2 to 2.0, but noticed the Studio player pulls up Kontakt players that seem to be versions according to their "About" information -- is that how it's supposed to be?

I noticed that Studio 2.0 installed itself into the folder /Program Files/Garritan/.

GPO is actually somewhere else, under /Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/, a different folder.

Under Garritan Personal Orchestra, there is a VST folder with the file PersonalOrchestraVST.dll in it that seems to be for version, according to the file description. Maybe this file is the problem?

I can't find a new PersonalOrchestraVST.dll file that would be for version; was there supposed to be one in the upgrade?

But I did get a new PersonalOrchestraDXi.dll file that seems to be for I don't know anything about DXi versus VST.

I used all the default options for the installations.

Thanks for any tips.

Re: GPO Studio using old Kontakt player

Never mind, I found it -- the new dll was somehow put in the Steinberg Cubasis folder!

Go Back to forum