• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: !!! Samplemodeling “The Trumpet” v.2.01 is now available !!!

Share/Bookmark

Smile !!! Samplemodeling “The Trumpet” v.2.01 is now available !!!

Hi all,

“The Trumpet” version 2.01 is finally available !
    This major update is provided free of charge to all customers !

Since the release of v. 1.01 of The Trumpet, we got extensive feedback from our customers, which proved to be extremely useful to further improve the instrument.
    Most requests concerned optimisation for windcontrollers, extended remapping of midi controllers, midi loading of mutes, and additional keyswitch-controlled articulations like doits.

We are very happy to announce that all these requests have been fulfilled in version 2.01.
    In particular, virtually any windcontroller can now be used to play The Trumpet with excellent results.

Other new features were introduced by us, in an effort to make the instrument even more playable and user-friendly. Complete bidirectional GUI mapping of all controllers, a more flexible approach to portamento time control, CC-controlled dynamics-to-pitch response, and an entirely new Breathcontroller mode, yielding a more real trumpet-like behaviour, have been introduced.

A nice example of this BC mode is given by Roberto Soggetti’s :
    http://www.sample-modeling.com/publi...ElDeguello.mp3

A more complete description of the new features can be found in the “download” page of our website http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/download.php , under “What’s new in V. 2.01”.

We believe you will enjoy this update

Instructions about how to perform the update can be found here:
    http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/news.php

Have fun !

Giorgio & Peter

Re: !!! Samplemodeling “The Trumpet” v.2.01 is now available !!!

Has anyone (of the developers or betatesters) already had the opportunity to try The Trumpet with the new Akai EWI USB controller (299$ !)? It looks very much like "buying material", comes together with a free Garritan software (which I don´t care too much but it´s a nice extra). I would very much like to try the new Trumpet version (as well as the Sax)with this breath controller. Unfortunately, it´s not available in Europe yet but should be here for Christmas
    regards
    Raindog

Thank you very much!
    rothermusic.de

That sounds great Giorgio.

Downloaded the 2.01 updater, and went through the installation process without a hitch...until I launched The Trumpet only to find that the info on it's skin says that it's still v1.01.

I did a search, and the only The Trumpet on my whole system is V1.01. It's on an external hard disk, but at no time did the installer ask me to specify its whereabouts. It was a case of click 'install' followed by a few seconds of 'installation of 17 items' then 'installation successful'.

I've tried installing it a few times now to no avail. Each attempt I'm told is successful, but the info about each instrument states that they were created in March 08. I don't believe they've been overwritten at all and there are no other The Trumpet files dated beyond March 08 to be found. I'm on a MacPro using the latest OS by the way.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks ever so much guys. And thanks for the DIY backup DVD materials. I tried to persuade VSL to do that for their downloadable instruments, but they didn't feel there would be much interest - it's great of you to do it without even gauging the interest.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey View Post

I did a search, and the only The Trumpet on my whole system is V1.01. It's on an external hard disk, but at no time did the installer ask me to specify its whereabouts. It was a case of click 'install' followed by a few seconds of 'installation of 17 items' then 'installation successful'.

I've tried installing it a few times now to no avail. Each attempt I'm told is successful, but the info about each instrument states that they were created in March 08. I don't believe they've been overwritten at all and there are no other The Trumpet files dated beyond March 08 to be found. I'm on a MacPro using the latest OS by the way.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick, the installer asked me to specify its whereabouts and all works fine here. And cool, my older edited trumpetinstruments are still there too, how nice!

Interesting, NI had listed the Trumpet update on the "Sound" folder at the service-center.

Giorgio & Peter,

thank you very much for this great and free update!
    The controlling now is much better to handle!

Very coool!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Nick, the installer asked me to specify its whereabouts and all works fine here.
    Problem solved.

It was nothing to do with Sample Modeling, it was a Native Instruments issue. It seems that the NI software didn't like me changing the library path (I moved the original Trumpet files to a different hard disk some time ago).

In the end I reinstalled the version 1 files on a different disk, updated them to V2 and then copied the newly created Sample Modeling folder to my external disk replacing the original ones that I was having a problem updating.

Incidentally, Giorgio and Peter's support has been top notch. Within a few minutes of my post, Giorgio had got in touch, then a short while later Peter was offering his suggestions on how to rectify the issue, and it was not even a Sample Modeling problem. Fan-bloody-tastic service! Very impressed.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    Has anyone (of the developers or betatesters) already had the opportunity to try The Trumpet with the new Akai EWI USB controller (299$ !)? It looks very much like "buying material", comes together with a free Garritan software (which I don´t care too much but it´s a nice extra). I would very much like to try the new Trumpet version (as well as the Sax)with this breath controller. Unfortunately, it´s not available in Europe yet but should be here for Christmas
    regards
    Raindog
    That was a serious question no promotion. Has anyone of you brass affinados already tried this new wind controller. I was abou to buy a midi converter box for my BC3 (which remained of my DX7 days) but the wind controller is rather cheap, so I might invest a little bit more. I´m just suspicious when things are cheap so I´m interested if anyone has used it yet
    Thanks and regards
    Raindog

i would also like to hear a demo played on an EWI.. this is the instrument to demo a trumpet i think.. so please put up an realtime EWI demo.
    thanks

I downloaded ver. 2.1 yesterday and I'd like to thanks Giorgio and Peter

This is a very useful upgrade for a wind controller player like me.

I created some Cyclin'74 Max applications for a better control of The Trumpet V.1 with my Yamaha WX5.

But now everything is easy. I just press "wind controller mode" button and I play. No more long remapping sessions!

Go Back to forum