• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to use the single 'Preview Load' sample in patches?

Share/Bookmark

Is there a way to use the single 'Preview Load' sample in patches?

Omnisphere is a amazing synth! I have one question.

You might think I'm crazy, but is there a way to load just the sample you get when you press 'Preview Load' from a patch/sound source instead of loading the whole sample set?

I'm asking because when I am previewing patches and sound sources with 'Preview Load', sometimes I get a great result with just the preview. When I load the whole thing it can be quite a different result.

Of course the full set of samples is a much richer and more complex sound and for many applications this is vastly preferable. But there are times, when I am loading a sound to use as a layer amongst other sounds or as an effect, that the simplicity and consistency of a single sample (as you get in 'Preview Load') is just what is needed.

Is there a way to do this? If not, I'd like to ask for this feature in a future version.

Thanks again for designing the best synth ever!

Re: Is there a way to use the single 'Preview Load' sample in patches?

You're welcome! :-)

No way to do that now, except by keeping the Browser open....but that's a way to achieve that effect.

Hi..I don't know what you are using..I use Logic P8..I do a thing were I set the settings to not stream...This allows for Logic to give me the freeze button..

I then use the preview,and record..Then freeze the track..I don't know if this is of any help but it doesn't seem to load the full on patch yet stil allows for me to freeze the track due to the settings in Omni.. JON

Thanks Eric and jonkuzma.

Yes that's a good idea, I can leave the browser open and either freeze or bounce in Logic. In a future version it would be great to be able to load these single 'Preview Load' samples into a Layer and and control them.

Hi.Also keep in mind you can preview multis.. JON

Go Back to forum