• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt features

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt features

Hi, I am looking into Kontakt 3. At this moment I am using GS3 as my sampler and I read from the web that they are now offering crossgrade from GS to K3 by NI.

Anyway, having used GS3 for a while, I know some of the limitations ( or nice features ). I like to ask some questions here for apple-to-apple comparison and hope someone can help me.

1. GS3 runs in kernel mode and has a limit of 2G ( and not likely to achieve it ) and runs in 1 core of the CPU. Is there a limit K3 will run ? ie, if I have a 32-bit XP, installed 8G memory with 2-core CPU, can K3 use more than 2G of memory and utilizing the other core ?

2. I have Sonivox complete symphonic collection for GS3 format. A lot of them have the DEF filtering. Is there a similar feature in K3 ? Can K3 scripts achieve similar effect ?

3. Now since K3 doesn't seem to require special audio card as it runs ASIO, is there anyone running the app ( plus sequencer ) on a laptop, say, with 2G memory or 2.2GHz cpu or more powerful configuration ?

Thanks for any input.

esz

Re: Kontakt features

if I have a 32-bit XP, installed 8G memory with 2-core CPU, can K3 use more than 2G of memory and utilizing the other core ?
    Installing 8GB on a 32-bit system will lead you nowhere - your system will likely recognize 2,5 GB or so but never the 8GB
    Right now an update to Kontakt 3.5 is in the works that will improve multicore support AND will have 64-bit memory adressing - what probably means that on a 64-bit system you can adress more than 2Gb, but not likely on a 32-bit system.

I have Sonivox complete symphonic collection for GS3 format. A lot of them have the DEF filtering. Is there a similar feature in K3 ? Can K3 scripts achieve similar effect ?
    I didn't look into this DEF Filtering very much - but the scripts in Kontakt for this library are quite good - sonivox offers a crossgrade from GIGA to KONTAKT

Now since K3 doesn't seem to require special audio card as it runs ASIO, is there anyone running the app ( plus sequencer ) on a laptop, say, with 2G memory or 2.2GHz cpu or more powerful configuration ?
    Should be working good.

Go Back to forum