• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tortoise in the Big City

Share/Bookmark

Tortoise in the Big City

I composed these two pieces when I was sick. They are just fun little experimentations with chromaticism! I just wanna hear what you guys think.

Tortoise in the Big City (for concert band):
    http://www.box.net/shared/aegxyqtqem

Umm...not really sure. It was supposed to be a walking theme for something, but I kinda just made it something totally different....: (for woodwinds, celesta, and percussion).
    http://www.box.net/shared/p6fvi5g6cg

Re: Tortoise in the Big City

I enjoyed listening to both pieces. It seems like you were having fun as you were "experimenting with chromaticism". I hope that your experimentation paid off for yourself. Also, I most certainly hope that the compositional and sequencing venture provided muchly needed diversional therapy as you were recuperating from your illness. (I'm a nurse and really like to see people walk towards better health and well-being. )

I enjoyed listening to the story being told in "Tortoise in a Big City". The composition itself was a very pleasant listen. The rendering was also quite good and convincing to my modest ears.

Good job! And thank you for sharing. . .

I hope you're feeling better!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    I enjoyed listening to both pieces. It seems like you were having fun as you were "experimenting with chromaticism". I hope that your experimentation paid off for yourself. Also, I most certainly hope that the compositional and sequencing venture provided muchly needed diversional therapy as you were recuperating from your illness. (I'm a nurse and really like to see people walk towards better health and well-being. )

I enjoyed listening to the story being told in "Tortoise in a Big City". The composition itself was a very pleasant listen. The rendering was also quite good and convincing to my modest ears.

Good job! And thank you for sharing. . .

I hope you're feeling better!

Ted
    Music totally helps me feel better all the time. When I get stress headaches from homework or stuff like that, it usually goes away when I compose. Anyway thanks for the post.
    The 1st piece is my favorite. I don't exactly know if I like the second one, but it's exactly how I wanted it to sound.

I liked both of them. The second one is more experimental and a little odd(a nice odd) and I think it succeeds as a musical piece.

I also wrote something recently while sick and it was a little different for me.
    It's good therapy!

Thanks for posting

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I liked both of them. The second one is more experimental and a little odd(a nice odd) and I think it succeeds as a musical piece.

I also wrote something recently while sick and it was a little different for me.
    It's good therapy!

Thanks for posting

Phil
    I think more sick people should compose. Composing makes EVERYONE feel better. Except at school. I can never compose at school. I also do my composition projects at home.

I also liked them both.

Once I get past the first minute or so of a piece and know I will continue with it, I have a blast. It's that first minute that is a killer.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

I love that feeling when you're just comping without any struggling to find a good melody or harmony. It's so much fun!

I love "Tortoise in the Big City". Very catchy beginning.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Tortoise -- loved it! What a delight!

Likewise, the unnamed second piece... a very intriguing
    mix of color and harmonic charm in this, Cransworth.

Much enjoyed! You should experiment more often!

Best,

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks everyone! They aren't really like anything I've composed before, so I'm glad to hear people liked them.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast