• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2010

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2010

I do recall Gary asking suggestions for the next Finale version, so here's one very useful, I think (unless already done?):

Have Finale be able to put WATERMARKS on scores.

Adding a watermark through a PDF editor, is the least secure way to do it, since there are easy ways to remove it. But if the original score was watermarked, then the only way would be to edit the pic, which is rather difficult.

Unless there's another way?

Re: Finale 2010

You'd have to print to pdf, and then import that pdf as a picture into photoshop or even some less expensive or even freeware photo editing software, like Gimp. From there you can put in your own watermark, and then print to pdf from that point.

However, I do agree that it would be better for you to be able to do this through Finale itself. It would cut a lot of extra steps and extra time.

Also, to add to the list of suggestions: Multicore Processor support - that's all I ask.

Effects plugin hosting would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    You'd have to print to pdf, and then import that pdf as a picture into photoshop or even some less expensive or even freeware photo editing software, like Gimp. From there you can put in your own watermark, and then print to pdf from that point.
    I could also export each page to graphics (tiff) and edit those, but can you imagine doing that for 100s of pages? Thus my problem remains...

Rewire and manual midi CC editing!

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas View Post
    I do recall Gary asking suggestions for the next Finale version, so here's one very useful, I think (unless already done?):

Have Finale be able to put WATERMARKS on scores.

Adding a watermark through a PDF editor, is the least secure way to do it, since there are easy ways to remove it. But if the original score was watermarked, then the only way would be to edit the pic, which is rather difficult.

Unless there's another way?
    Nikolas, there are programs that are able to convert a PDF score into a midi file or an editable score. Also there exist programs that convert images, scanned or not, to scores. So, i dont believe it will solve the problem, only make it a little more difficult maybe.
    When you print to PDF, you are saving the data as a vector metafile, that gives you a very little file size. And with any PDF editor you can open and change the title, the composer... But, if you convert your scores to images first, and then you print to pdf, it is printed as images, and even if you open them with a PDFEditor, you will need to re-touch the images one by one to remove the watermark. But the size of the PDF file, in this case will be larger than with the normal method.
    So, as it happens with recorded music and mp3, there are no ways to protect it 100%. Only to make it more difficult maybe. If someone want to hack you, it will.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum