• Register
  • Help

Topic: My run in with Tascam

Share/Bookmark

My run in with Tascam

Called tech support. According to one person GS4 support Gigastudio was dropped in July, phone support goes till December.

So a press release was dated May 19th, 08 on KVR that it's for sale.
    July 21 announced it will cease further development of Gigastudio while sale and support will continue through the end of the year. I guess support doesn't define bug fixes.

The phone tech support was lame at best. Very obnoxious as well. He could not verify when GS4 was released.

I'm going to assume they didn't sell very many units of GS4 so they can screw the few unfortunate. If I am not reimbursed I will write a letter to the attorney general of the state of the corporate headquarters.

I will only have nothing but criticism for anything bearing the Tascam name.

Re: My run in with Tascam

It probably doesn't matter much what our crowd thinks but I agree with you. I am one of the unfortunate few. Bought it just after it came out, three weeks later it was dead!

My problem is that you can't have it on the same system that Kontakt is on. GVI and GS3 work fine though.

I've used GS4 on the same computer with Kontakt. Works fine for me (though Kontakt is 32-bit only, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I've used GS4 on the same computer with Kontakt. Works fine for me (though Kontakt is 32-bit only, of course.)
    Which OS? Vista 64 or XP64?

Wow, rude customer support?!!! If they're not careful they'll go out of business...
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    If they're not careful they'll go out of business...
    Nah, that won't happen. If you google "Tascam sucks" you'll find they are a-holes. Well I doubt I'll get my money back but that's the last of my money they will ever get and I will go far to persuade anyone for getting anything with the Tascam name on it.

Go Back to forum