• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Release: Melodic REX

Share/Bookmark

New Release: Melodic REX

Watch Video Demo
    Listen to MP3 Demo

Nine Volt Audio releases: Melodic Rex: Electronic Edition in REX2, Stylus RMX, ACID, Apple and ReFill formats

Melodic REX: Electronic Edition brings melody lines, textural leads and groove-based tonal loops to the REX2 format. By crossing electronic sound sources with beat-synced filters, swirling delays, modulators and a range of other sound design tools, Melodic REX’s 500+ loops can be used quickly and easily as melodic focal points in a track or as rich, tonal backdrops.

So what makes Melodic REX so special?

Many REX2 libraries with tonal loops fall short with poorly sliced material, stretching artifacts or audible gaps between slices once the loop is taken a few BPMs below its recorded tempo. None of these are issues with Melodic REX. Because it’s part of Nine Volt Audio’s BPM Flex Seriesä, any of the REX2 based loops (supported by most major sequencers) will retain their groove at virtually any tempo without any audio artifacts!

No matter if you use Stylus RMX, Reason, or any other REX2 host, or if you prefer to use the included ACIDized Wav or Apple Loop formats, Melodic REX provides a wide range of professional, cross-genre sounds that can be used in contemporary and future-forward works of music.

Specifications

- Melodic REX contains 503 REX2 files organized into 50 suites covering a tempo range of 80-139 BPM. Using the loops within Stylus RMX requires the user to drag-and-drop only one folder into RMX's included S.A.G.E.™ Converter.

- Melodic REX features 29 combo suites that present an “A” and “B” loop group. Loops in combo suites play with and counter to one another creating multi-part musical passages and the ability to create fuller sounding mixes.

- Any of the REX2-based loops (used in Stylus RMX, Reason, and most major sequencers like Cubase, Live, Sonar, Digital Performer, ProTools, Logic) can be used at tempos as slow as 60 BPM.

- Melodic REX also contains the Apple Loop, ACIDized Wav and Reason ReFill formats, all in 24-bit/44.1kHz resolution.

- All loop file names identify the musical key and/or chord progression.

Pricing and Availability:

Melodic REX is now available on DVD-ROM or as a download for $99.99 at www.NineVoltAudio.com
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Re: New Release: Melodic REX

SOLD.

I really do love your stuff, it's just so USEFUL. It makes RMX a whole new instrument in some ways.

I seldom use RMX for the main drum parts these days. HOWEVER, it's the BOMB for layering in behind the drums.

In the same way, I find myself using little Nine Volt snippets to add depth -- your stuff is so editable in RMX, it makes using it a BREEZE...

So, THANKS!

A little OT, but I just discovered you guys. REALLY like your stuff. I want to get the Action Drums - Taiko Edition.

Having trouble deciding though betwen that and the Kontakt version. I still have to buy Kontakt, and not right away, so that route would mean waiting longer - whereas I can pick up the REX version for RMX failrly soon.

And yet the editability of the MIDI files would be great - not to mention that there seem to be some multies in 6/8 in the Kontakt version (which I would really like) and overall, there seems to be more content in the Kontakt version as well.

Man - this is a tough choice.

Thanks to both of you - I appreciate the encouraging words.

Jim B:
    Here's a bit of extra info that might aid you in your decision re: TAIKO (Kontakt) vs. Action Drums Taiko Edition (loops).

Both have performances in a variety of time signatures (4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 5/4, and 7/4).

Also, if you purchase one, and want to get the other a bit later, we offer a discount, since both titles cover similar territory. In short, you'll never pay more than $199.98 total - which is a $50 savings.

Lastly, there's a $10 discount code that's active right now on any title: "rex".

Thanks!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Quote Originally Posted by NineVOltAudio View Post
    Thanks to both of you - I appreciate the encouraging words.

Jim B:
    Here's a bit of extra info that might aid you in your decision re: TAIKO (Kontakt) vs. Action Drums Taiko Edition (loops).

Both have performances in a variety of time signatures (4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 5/4, and 7/4).

Also, if you purchase one, and want to get the other a bit later, we offer a discount, since both titles cover similar territory. In short, you'll never pay more than $199.98 total - which is a $50 savings.

Lastly, there's a $10 discount code that's active right now on any title: "rex".

Thanks!
    Kyle:

Thanks for responding.

Regarding some of the content being similar, are there any actual duplicates in the loops (REX version) and MIDI performances (Kontakt)?

Also, are any of the FX'd sounds that are in the Kontakt version in the REX version?

Thanks again.

Hi Jim,

Two of the MIDI performances in TAIKO (Kontakt) are also featured in Action Drums: Taiko Edition. Other than that, they are all different.

Also, are any of the FX'd sounds that are in the Kontakt version in the REX version?
    There are certainly a lot of "designed" sounds in Action Drums - but of course they're within the context of a loop, and there are a lot less. TAIKO (Kontakt) has 57 FX style patches, and many more in the form of multi-patches.
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com

Thanks for the info Kyle - hope others found it useful also.

I certainly plan to get the Kontakt version - but given the 10% discount, as well as the 'crossgrade' pricing, I guess you couldn't really go wrong with both!

Go Back to forum