• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mompou Cancion 5

Share/Bookmark

Mompou Cancion 5

It has been a while since I posted here. A friend suggested that I post my performance of Frederico Mompou's Cancion 5, because he liked how I used GPO's Steinway. (I mixed in Sonar and played from my Motif ES 8.)

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1177535&t=8828

This is my favorite theme out of Mompou's two dozen Canciones Y Danzas. I think it stands well alone. Its sad soliloquy appeals to my melancholy Magyar nature. (This is the first "half" of Cancion Y Danza 5.)

Re: Mompou Cancion 5

It's so nice to hear this piece - it, too, is one of my favorites of the Canciones y Danzas; the danza is also a fine one - sometimes one or the other is better, but in this case they are well matched.

You did a fine job realizing this, and the piano sounds very,very good. Please bring us more!

On a side note, I posted an Homage to Mompou in the listening room a year or two back. Some people mentioned that it was the first time hearing his name; here's hoping that your post will help that cause!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    It's so nice to hear this piece - it, too, is one of my favorites of the Canciones y Danzas; the danza is also a fine one - sometimes one or the other is better, but in this case they are well matched.

You did a fine job realizing this, and the piano sounds very,very good. Please bring us more!

On a side note, I posted an Homage to Mompou in the listening room a year or two back. Some people mentioned that it was the first time hearing his name; here's hoping that your post will help that cause!

All the best,
    Thanks, Ron.

I too wish Mompou was more popular. He deserves it.

I listened to your Homage to him, and the Falla piece and your "Return". All beautiful and deceptively simple works that I had not heard before. This networing is such a fun and rewarding process.

One question, I like your MySpace page. And I haven't decided what to do with mine. Did you use PimpMyProfile or some other sevice? I hesitate to use that one because my security software balks a warning.

Regards,
    Albert
    If music be the food of love, play on... Twelfth Night
    www.cscale.com

Albert,

My Myspace "design" is just what the template gave me - I use(d) no program. The only thing I did was to follow html protocol with regards to the bit of text - turning on bold, and so forth. Some are pretty elaborate...I had enough trouble with the basic part!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Heard his name. Not sure if I ever heard his music. Great piece. Must look into him closer. He deserves it. Thanks for bringing this in the LR.

Raymond

Thanks Ron.
    www.cscale.com

I'd never come across this composer before. Thanks for the introduction. I really enjoyed it. I love how the chords have time to sound.

Owen

I too, have not heard of this composer. But, I will do some searches now thanks to you. Very nice presentation!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

It is a solemn, reflective piece. The lively Danza would no doubt create an emotional balance.

It sounds very good!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    It is a solemn, reflective piece. The lively Danza would no doubt create an emotional balance.

It sounds very good!

Phil
    Thanks Phil,
    I'm working on the Danza. It's harder for me to play (despite how simple it sounds.) I'll combine them when I master it. Yes, they definitely belong together, but each is such a beautiful theme, that to me they also can stand alone very well.
    www.cscale.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast