• Register
  • Help

Topic: Christabel (Violin and Strings)

Share/Bookmark

Christabel (Violin and Strings)

This is a Rhapsody for Violin and String Orchestra using GPO.

This link has now been fixed (Nov 23):
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=611580&t=8828

Christabel falls under the spell of vampire Geraldine, who inevitably has her horrid way.

Inspired by the unfinished 1798 epic poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Excerpt from Coleridge's poem:
    And thus the lofty lady spake-- `All they who live in the upper sky, Do love you, holy Christabel ! And you love them, and for their sake And for the good which me befel, Even I in my degree will try, Fair maiden, to requite you well.But now unrobe yourself ; for I Must pray, ere yet in bed I lie.'

Quoth Christabel, So let it be ! And as the lady bade, did she. Her gentle limbs did she undress And lay down in her loveliness.

But through her brain of weal and woe So many thoughts moved to and fro, That vain it were her lids to close ; So half-way from the bed she rose, And on her elbow did recline To look at the lady Geraldine.

Beneath the lamp the lady bowed, And slowly rolled her eyes around ; Then drawing in her breath aloud, Like one that shuddered, she unbound The cincture from beneath her breast : Her silken robe, and inner vest, Dropt to her feet, and full in view, Behold ! her bosom, and half her side-- -- A sight to dream of, not to tell ! O shield her ! shield sweet Christabel !

Yet Geraldine nor speaks nor stirs ; Ah ! what a stricken look was hers ! Deep from within she seems half-way To lift some weight with sick assay, And eyes the maid and seeks delay ; Then suddenly as one defied Collects herself in scorn and pride, And lay down by the Maiden's side !

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Re: Christabel (Violin and Strings)

Albert

Welcome back

I see that you joined a long time ago. Perhaps things have changed since then. Might I suggest you read the new rules for the forum posted here

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53598

The song is this thread cannot be heard without joining the site that it is on. Most of us here will not join another site to listen to someone's music. Many of us here use Boxnet which will alolow the user to just stream a piece without being required to join anything.

I did listen to your Beethoven piece and found it to be enjoyable.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Albert

Welcome back
    The song is this thread cannot be heard without joining the site that it is on. Most of us here will not join another site to listen to someone's music. Many of us here use Boxnet which will alolow the user to just stream a piece without being required to join anything.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I did listen to your Beethoven piece and found it to be enjoyable.

Ron
    Thanks Ron.

BTW, I did notice the New Rules - shortly after I made these posts. I immediately sent a note of apology to Tom Hopkins for doing 4 at once. He was kind enough to forgive my mistake.

I am so sorry that you could not listen to this piece in particular. It's my favorite and most ambitious composition to date.

Not sure how you got blocked on one song and not the other.
    If music be the food of love, play on... Twelfth Night
    www.cscale.com

This is what the page says

This song has been filtered out because it is rated Behave Yourself (PG) and you are not logged in.

For people that are not logged in, we filter out all songs rated higher than G. When you register and log in, you can set your Maximum Content Rating to G, PG, PG-13 or R so that you can choose which songs you will see and which will be filtered out.

To see this song, you will need to either register an account at ACIDplanet or, if you are already registered, you will need to login.

To register, click here. To login, click here.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    This is what the page says

This song has been filtered out because it is rated Behave Yourself (PG) and you are not logged in.

For people that are not logged in, we filter out all songs rated higher than G.

Ron
    Thanks you so much Ron for helping me figure this out!

That explains it. And it is something I can easily fix... I just did. The PG rating was something I just added recently as an unnecessary tease. It's back to G now, as it has been for 3 years.
    If music be the food of love, play on... Twelfth Night
    www.cscale.com

Don't know what Ron is talking about ratings, etc.... but back to the music. Great piece having enough variation in it to go on listening. I loved it.

Raymond

Go Back to forum